Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Depth Finder Transducer

What expoxy are you guys using? Mine is showing --- while underway so I am assuming the expoxy has gone bad?

Thanks,

Default Depth Finder Transducer

Mine is doing this from time to time as well... Usually just power down and power up and it works... Guess I ought to see how well it's attached.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

I am having the same issue but have not looked into it yet. There is another Thread on this subject.

https://forum.moomba.com/showthread....unting-In-Hull
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill

Mine started that and a friends did it this year had to replace the depth finder I think the factory ones are known for this.
    2004 Mobius LSV 340 HP
    Gravity III Ballast
    750s in Rear
    Stock 400 in Front

I'm getting the occasional "----" as well. I didn't realize the factory ones are known for this. Do I only need to replace the transducer? Is it plug and play with current gauge and wiring?
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

are yours thru hull or in hull? Mine is in hull (no cut) and I have to fill mine with mineral oil. I think I must have a small leak somewhere that is allowing the oil to seep out, as I'll get --- or some whack readings and once I top off the mineral oil it works great.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

Mine was doing all kind of crazy things... giving the "---" and first of the year didn't even work. I ended looking, and the transducer was coming un glued. For the life of me i can't remember what i had used to glue it back down. It was an epoxy that was good to use in Marine environment. I reglued after our session before putting boat away, the next week it didn't work, then the following week, everything seems to be working fine.. but hey its working!
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

Hmm...I'll have to give mine a look see. Hopefully that's all it is.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles

Couple years ago I bought a new one only to find my old one had just broken loose and was rattling around in the bilge. Used this stuff to mount the new one - http://www.homedepot.com/p/Loctite-0...5604/100371825

In hindsight I probably shouldn't have done that but it hasn't budged since I mounted the "new" transducer. You need to twist it back and forth when applying to get all air bubbles out if I recall.

I'd really like to upgrade to one of the thru-hull eye Faria ones that can give both air and water temp as well instead of the glued in-hull style. Mine works 80% of the time. The 20% it flashes --- is usually when I'm coming into some unfamiliar cove or beach.
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Ya, mine seems to be in the 80% / 20% club (or maybe 60/40). And of course the --- usually appears at the least opportune time...

So, is a thru hull better than one that's appoxied to the hull?
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles