Default Need help please with ballast pump!!

I have a couple questions....First of all...where is the ballast pump located for the center bag on a 2011 moomba lsv? secondly....I just got boat out of storage....got it summerized...and delear said center pump wasn't working....light turns on but no pump noise.....do i need a new pump ...any way to trouble shoot this problem.....I noticed my other 2 pumps were a bit sluggish....now they seem to work....as they were filling and emptying my bags....any help would be greatly appreciated....just got boat out today....pumped to surf.....no go now!!!uhhhh

P.S.

if its behind locker wall...how do you remove that bad boy?

thanks
    2013 not a Moomba

Quote Originally Posted by Brayden View Post
    I have a couple questions....First of all...where is the ballast pump located for the center bag on a 2011 moomba lsv? secondly....I just got boat out of storage....got it summerized...and delear said center pump wasn't working....light turns on but no pump noise.....do i need a new pump ...any way to trouble shoot this problem.....I noticed my other 2 pumps were a bit sluggish....now they seem to work....as they were filling and emptying my bags....any help would be greatly appreciated....just got boat out today....pumped to surf.....no go now!!!uhhhh

P.S.

if its behind locker wall...how do you remove that bad boy?

thanks
    They are all three behind the locker wall.

Most likely the impellers are wearing out and you should order the new Green style from Wake Makers.

To trouble shoot you just need a 12v test light. Unplug the pump connector and hit the switch. It should light up when you apply power.

If no light then you have a blown fuse, or tripped relay, both are under the dash above the steering system.

To remove the panel it has a few screws hidden in the carpet. Just feel around the edges they will present them selves after you rub them correctly.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

just throwin' this out there....I sometimes have problems with my pumps working properly when the boat has sat for a while and the charge on battery is low.

You definitely know it is time to replace the impellors when the fat sacs start loosing water.

Edit - now that I think about it, I did once have one of the pumps not running at all when the switch was turned on.

I removed the pump from the wall, blew out the hoses (by mouth), removed the impeller and soaked it with beer.

Put the impeller back in, hit the switch and the pump started working again.

I guess because the impeller got dry and was stuck, it stopped the pump from working. The pumps do have an overload safety built in.
    Last edited by slipperyrockTKE300; 06-07-2014 at 07:54 AM.