Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Wow, that is a bad one......I hope that doesn't deter or cut into your future surfing time!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

I would recommend you never surf again.

Please box up all your surfing gear and send them to me and I will properly dispose of them to ensure no one has access to them and sustains the same type of injury........

'06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

dam, had to hit something
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Were you holding on the rope when you fell? I'm not a doctor or anything but that really looks like a ruptured muscle... basically a muscle that has a partial tear that bleeds out a bit. I had a buddy that did it with a simple golf swing... looked worse on day 2 and 3 but then got better pretty quickly.

Worst injury I ever had was actually on a knee board a couple years back... after a fall, the thing came up from under the water and smacked me in the face splitting my lip. Nothing a little super glue wont fix I always try to look away from the where I think the surf board will be immediately after a fall... just in case.

Good luck healing up!
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Default Re: Injury from surfing

Those knee boards are death traps! I hate that thing for that same reason. I broke my pinky finger last weekend with a Nerf football..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Was not holding rope, that was the first thought. Had just tossed it. I will try and be back at it this weekend, feels better than is looks now.

Ok, for grins, how old are ya?

I did a similar one about a year ago, only I have no idea how. Getting dressed one morning, looked in the mirror and it was "WHAT THE..!"

Looked like it hurt a lot worse than it actually did in my case. But took LOTS of beer to make the bruise go away
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Quote Originally Posted by bergermaister View Post
    Ok, for grins, how old are ya?

I did a similar one about a year ago, only I have no idea how. Getting dressed one morning, looked in the mirror and it was "WHAT THE..!"

Looked like it hurt a lot worse than it actually did in my case. But took LOTS of beer to make the bruise go away
    Almost 40, the bruising is from the muscles tightening to protect the elbow tendons while being hyper extended. Yes tried to help the pain with beer.

First question is what did you do to piss off the wife? Last year one of my friends got her hand in the handle when she fell and it jerked her arm. It also had a nice color like yours but hers was a bicep injury. Hope you get better soon.
    2008 Outback V - Sold but never forgotten.
    “Do not wait; the time will never be “just right.” Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along." -Napoleon Hill