Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default What upgrades 2006 LSV

I just pulled the trigger on this bad boy, this is my first Comp boat. Its a 2006 LSV w only 130 hours ... I would like to start the upgrades and here is what I'm after not in any particular order. I'm looking at towing kids on tubes 10% wakeboard 40% and surf 50%. it has the stock gravity ballast system. Anyone that has had this boat and can throw me some input id love to hear from you. thanks and this forum rocks....

1- Perfectpass upgrade (it has the stock cruise)

2- Ballast upgrade ( not sure on size? did the research and a lot of u said just call Wakemakers)

3- Audio ( want tower speakers and sub)

4- depth and Air\Water gauge
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Dave
    2006 Mobius LSV, Upgrades.....900 rear Bags, IBS Bag, Wetsounds tower speakers, JL 12" sub, JL cabin speakers, JL amp, Clarion deck, Clarion transom and helm remote, dual batteries w perko switch, depth gauge w air\water temp, 1433 prop, travel snap cover.

Congrats! Looks like a great boat. I'd suggest the following:

1.) depth gauge (do you really not have one?)
    2.) ballast upgrade AND prop to deal with the weight
    3.) perfect pass
    4.) audio

Welcome to the club. I bought a 2006 two years ago with 47 hours. It now has 227. You will find pleanty of ideas about upgrades and how to spend your money. You should have a depth gauge and if the current cruise control works, I would attack the ballast and sound first. For sound look on the audio threads about how to go overboard. For ballast, weight the boat down more than you think. Get a IBS (U shaped bow sack up front), 800+ pound sack on the regular side and if you surf goofy, put the 1450 enzo goofy side. You can start with movable pumps, but you will quickly want to install three reversable pumps. Enjoy the summer.
    DDNorCal
    2019 Supra 450 SL, 1,000 lb lead and 3145 prop
    Sold - 2006 LSV 3430 Ballast, 1847 Prop, all around great boat

Thanks for the info guys....Ya no depth gauge just a moomba blank where it should be. Good advice on the cruise. Forgot about the prop upgrade, Will the acme 1433 be a good prop? Also if I upgrade the ballast does it eliminate my room for anchors etc?
    Dave
    2006 Mobius LSV, Upgrades.....900 rear Bags, IBS Bag, Wetsounds tower speakers, JL 12" sub, JL cabin speakers, JL amp, Clarion deck, Clarion transom and helm remote, dual batteries w perko switch, depth gauge w air\water temp, 1433 prop, travel snap cover.

You want to surf 50% so ballast is going to be priority #1. I don't know where you boat but around here a depth gauge is extremely important. Read up on audio in the audio threads. You'll find there are 3 zones and you can upgrade one at a time as budget permits. Beautiful boat. Congrats and welcome!

What prop are you running now?
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default Re: What upgrades 2006 LSV

Wow no depth gauge? That's crazy.. You need that so you don't hit the bottom and to find deep water for surfing..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Default Re: What upgrades 2006 LSV

There's plenty of room for extras, I have my lsv maxed out with under seat ballast.. It's around $2000 for a reverisable pump system..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Yea, you need at least 8 feet to surf. If you get below that the wake flattens out to nothing. Wave looks a lot better if you get up over 12 feet though.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Beautiful boat, Congrats. If it were me I would get the depth finder in first, ballast and a prop for the extra weight, then audio, and finally perfect pass. I use a 1433 prop and it is great for the extra ballast weight and if you run at altitude. You can do 750-1100 lb bags in your rear lockers and then the IBS under the front seats if you want. You will lose storage with the IBS. I would love to get perfect pass but the cruise works fine for me. Audio upgrade is great if you have $ left over. It is a slippery slope for sure! Enjoy.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Once upon a time there was a terrific upgrade being promoted on this site.

I believe it was called the "Grillobius".

If your a Johnsville Brats man, you might look into this