Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAE on 2013 LSV

Default FAE on 2013 LSV

I just added a Fresh Air Exhaust to my 2013 Moomba LSV. Great results, lower exhaust noise and no exhaust fumes while surfing. Project took about 3 hours to install. Not complicated, but you MUST have good drill bits and a saw capable of cutting stainless. Vey happy with the results, I can now cruise at 20mph and have a normal conversation or play music and actually hear it!

They are now included on all new 2014 Nautiques, called Surf Pipe.

FAE.jpg
    ADM

2018 Craz

good job, feel my fae is one of the best mods ive done so far, love being able to talk to the driver when surfing
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Default FAE on 2013 LSV

I want to have one of these installed but our boat is a tight fit in our garage already when the platform is removed. How far past the wakeplate does it sit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

Default FAE on 2013 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    I want to have one of these installed but our boat is a tight fit in our garage already when the platform is removed. How far past the wakeplate does it sit?

4-6 inches.
    2018 Max with a little extra weight here and there

Default FAE on 2013 LSV

Looks nice! Where'd you purchase it from?
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Pretty sure you can only buy directly from the manufacturer. I just ordered one for my '13 LSV, after having one on my '05. I was happy to find out they have a returning customer discount.

I agree with Daze... This was one of the best mods, if not the best that I made on my boat. Not only for the peace of mind, but the sound reduction is awesome. You really can almost talk in a normal voice to people in your boat going 25 mph.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

Go to Fresh Air Exhaust and their contact info is on the web. Cost is about $500. I'd say it extends out about a foot from the end of the transom. Best modification I"ve done to this boat, quiet and no exhaust smell while surfing. You can acutally hear the water splash behind the boat, no loud exhaust.
    ADM

2018 Craz

Default FAE on 2013 LSV

I contacted Fresh Air Exhaust and they mentioned that they also have quick release clamps for people that don't have a lot of extra room and need to remove the FAE completely. I am already removing my platform to fit the mondo in the garage but would likely also have to remove the FAE. Has anybody used these quick release clamps. These are in addition to the platform options listed on their website. My worry is that it could move around with the force in the water. If it doesn't this sounds like a solution for me and a mod that I definitely would like to do since everyone says that it's one of the best mods they have done. Our Mondo seems a little loud.

Jesse

2014 Mondo

pretty sure mmandley had the quick release on his 08 lsv
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Quote Originally Posted by spader View Post
    I contacted Fresh Air Exhaust and they mentioned that they also have quick release clamps for people that don't have a lot of extra room and need to remove the FAE completely. I am already removing my platform to fit the mondo in the garage but would likely also have to remove the FAE. Has anybody used these quick release clamps. These are in addition to the platform options listed on their website. My worry is that it could move around with the force in the water. If it doesn't this sounds like a solution for me and a mod that I definitely would like to do since everyone says that it's one of the best mods they have done. Our Mondo seems a little loud.

interested in this as well. I take my platform off every time to get it in the garage and loosing another 6 inches of space for the FAE may be a problem. So there is a quick disconnect to disconnect the FAE from the boat as well as a quick disconnect to disconnect the FAE from the platform?
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190