Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Boat set-up for wake surfing behind lsv 2013

Have 2013 lsv with 1800 lbs total, 600 lbs each side in back and 600 in the center. Could use suggestions on the proper set-up for a good wave
    2013 Mobius LSV

Not enough ballast in the rear of that boat.

AAAAAArghhhhh. I want everybody in the world who is trying to surf to come to Orlando and let me teach them how.

Then we will send them home to worry about ballast set-up.

I think we are having a period where history (where wakesurfing started to become popular) is repeating itself.

Quote Originally Posted by goillinois68 View Post
    Have 2013 lsv with 1800 lbs total, 600 lbs each side in back and 600 in the center. Could use suggestions on the proper set-up for a good wave

have same boat.

for regular surfing. fill your rear surf side bag full, fill the front full, have cooler on surf side, all people other than the driver on the surfside. wake plate to bow up position, speed about 10.5 mph.

next step--buy 1100lb bag for surf side rear, add in a ibs (integrated bow sack, goes under bow seats), then you can add about 30% to your drivers side rear bag. everything else stays the same with cooler and people
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Thanks for the info
    2013 Mobius LSV

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

What they said working for regular side on my 14 lsv
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by slipperyrockTKE300 View Post
    Not enough ballast in the rear of that boat.

AAAAAArghhhhh. I want everybody in the world who is trying to surf to come to Orlando and let me teach them how.

Then we will send them home to worry about ballast set-up.

I think we are having a period where history (where wakesurfing started to become popular) is repeating itself.
    Did I miss something about him not knowing how to surf? or am I reading your post wrong? I dont think he asked for surf lessons?
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Quote Originally Posted by moombadaze View Post
    have same boat.

for regular surfing. fill your rear surf side bag full, fill the front full, have cooler on surf side, all people other than the driver on the surfside. wake plate to bow up position, speed about 10.5 mph.

next step--buy 1100lb bag for surf side rear, add in a ibs (integrated bow sack, goes under bow seats), then you can add about 30% to your drivers side rear bag. everything else stays the same with cooler and people
    Hey there, Sorry to jump in with q's. I just bought same boat this year... I have 1100 in rear, ibs up front, and center full... What is a cooler on surf side? Just a smaller sac? With what I have should I fill up driver side at all as well, or get a "cooler" on surf side and then fill up driver side a little bit? Wake was decent with what I have, but hey, you always want bigger right!! I have the 400 that came stock in the rear of my OBV I had last year. Should I put that under the surf side seat and fill it? I also have a 750 I bought for my OBV goofy side that I never got around to installing before selling that boat. Should I put that somewhere as well or instead of? Thanks for any tips!!
    ----------------------------------------
    2014 Moomba Mojo 2.5
    2013 Moomba LSV (Sold)
    2013 Moomba Outback V (Sold)
    2002 Mastercraft X-5

Default Boat set-up for wake surfing behind lsv 2013

A cooler is the thing that you fill with ice and beer.

Rookie.

Yes, put that 400 under the port seats if you surf reg. & throw that 750 on the floor, surf side seats or on top of the rear lockers if you want.

In my '11 LSV we run the following for a pretty good wave.

Goofy side:
    1100 in starboard rear full
    0 in port rear
    ski locker full
    IBS full
    if no else is in the boat but my wife and I
    350 bag on seat behind driver
    350 bag on rear seat

Regular side:
    1100 in port rear
    200 in starboard rear (have to adjust this to get the wash right)
    ski locker full
    IBS full
    if no else is in the boat but my wife and I
    540 bag on floor next to the cooler (this one is new, just figured out I needed a little more than the 350 for this side)
    350 bag on rear seat

Sometimes we add a little more up front to lengthen the wave too, maybe one of the 350 bags in the bow.

These are the starting points too. You have to adjust to the weight of the people in the boat and daily conditions.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by costanza View Post
    Hey there, Sorry to jump in with q's. I just bought same boat this year... I have 1100 in rear, ibs up front, and center full... What is a cooler on surf side? Just a smaller sac? With what I have should I fill up driver side at all as well, or get a "cooler" on surf side and then fill up driver side a little bit? Wake was decent with what I have, but hey, you always want bigger right!! I have the 400 that came stock in the rear of my OBV I had last year. Should I put that under the surf side seat and fill it? I also have a 750 I bought for my OBV goofy side that I never got around to installing before selling that boat. Should I put that somewhere as well or instead of? Thanks for any tips!!
    sorry about the cooler issue--its just that a cooler with ice and beverage=weight. anyway, my normal set up now is: 1100 rear locker, 540 under port seat filled to capacity that is less than 540 as it starts lifting seats when full=300-400 lbs?, tank under floor full=500lb, ibs full, driver side rear locker has 750lb bag-usually filled to 30-35%, sometimes I add a 500lb bag on front bow seats.----we surf 100% of the time regular. our lake is shallow at a average depth of 10-12 feet and that really effects out wave. when the lake is shallower I run less weight, when its at full pool I run heavier. Wave has good push, height and length. biggest thing is the boat is blue and according to wolfeman's pro surfer daughters that alone makes the best wave.....
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart