Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok guys, another question.

I’ve mounted the amp, I have the power, ground and remote wire hooked up properly. I then go to hookup the speaker wire and the gold post of the speaker connect for hooking the wire into snaps in two on my positive side. There is now nothing that can carry current in Channel 1 on the positive side. This is a 2 channel amplifier. The other channel is fine for inserting the speaker wire.

Is there a way to hook speaker wire up to the Rca Input for one channel and then hook up with speaker wire on the other channel? Can you do something like that without any bad results?
    I’ve looked on youtube and found home stereo receivers that they will take speaker wire and splice an RCA cable for like a subwoofer, but I can’t seem to find any car amplifier scenarios.
    08' Mobius LS, Black Betty, Powder Coated Black Racks, Black Mirror Mount, Black Speakers, Transom Shield, Homemade Black Vinyl Wind Damn, Soon to be black powder coated Z5

That is really bad news. You cannot do the RCA thing. On many contemporary amplifiers one channel ground is actually a reversed polarity positive for the purpose of bridging and a positive from one channel plus a negative from the other channel are common. So you could get by without one terminal if the broken terminal just happens to be the right one. And I'm not sure the scenario fits the topology of your particular amplifier. You would have to consult the owners manual to determine if this is a possibility. But I don't feel like the force is with you on this one. You are likely going to need a repair. Or, figure out another method of getting a secure connection.

Hey, I just wanted to thank you guys for the information and help. I got everything installed last night. I ended up going with a Wetsounds Syn 4 to power my rev 8's. They Sound really good, I couldn't be happier. Scratch that, another pair of rev's would be great The Speaker sox or whatever they call them fit nice and snuggy, yeah I said snuggy lol, they look like they will hold up for a while. Cheers

IMG_20140619_202323_041.jpg
    08' Mobius LS, Black Betty, Powder Coated Black Racks, Black Mirror Mount, Black Speakers, Transom Shield, Homemade Black Vinyl Wind Damn, Soon to be black powder coated Z5