Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Mondo

Default New Mondo

Hello all,

Joined up and have been lurking for a couple months ever since I bought a 2014 Mondo. First I'd like to say that this forum has a lot of excellent info and helpful folks on it. Just picked up the boat last week and got done break in on Friday. This is my first inboard(previous boat was an 18 ft I/O) and love it. Having come from an I/O, I've never had anything to do with surfing but wanted to try it. Experimented a little this weekend and can see it's going to take some fiddling to get things right. From my time reading here I know that I'll need to upgrade ballast. Was wondering if I could get wakemakers discount code from someone who has it? Plan on ordering IBS and rear bags( as I understand it the best options that fit are either 750 or 900). Leaning toward 900's right now. Anyone with any experience upgrading mondo bags, I would love to hear what you went with and how it worked out. Looking forward to getting lots of good info and sharing some great experiences. image.jpgimage.jpg
    Lee

2014 Mondo

Default New Mondo

Oops. I guess I put this on here twice. First one I used tapatalk and it didn't look like it went through so I did it again on the forum itself. Lol. Then the other one showed up. Forgive me. New to this as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lee

2014 Mondo

Default New Mondo

Beautiful boat, congrats!

1998 Outback

Default New Mondo

Thanks

Lee

2014 Mondo

Wow that's a beautiful Mondo and welcome "officially" to the forum! I know some on here have more first hand experience with the Mondo, but I do know that the actual installation of the bags is a breeze. Just unhook your old ones and then plug in the new larger ones and you'll be good to go. IBS is a touch more complicated but adding more weight in the rear with those 900s or 750s will really help the Mondo's wave since it only has stock 400s in the rear. When you have the new bags installed be sure to lengthen your timers on your dash to about 9 minutes since the pumps fill at about 100lbs a minute!

Default New Mondo

Thanks Mobius22. The pictures don't really do it justice. I'll have to post some better ones taken with my camera in better light. Phone doesn't do a very good job. Thanks for the ballast tips as well.

Lee

2014 Mondo

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

900s in the rear will fit .. you dont get the full 900 but its more than 750.. fill your 500 center hard tank.. put nose weight upfront I run about 500 or so .... then I usually have 4 or more in boat .. they sit back surf corner and mid surf side.. 10.4 on speed... wake plate about 60 percent up
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Default New Mondo

Good stuff. Thanks for the info.

Lee

2014 Mondo

Great looking boat! I too have upgraded to 900's in the rear and the 650 ibs from wake makers. The 900's are a tight fit and they flex the wall a little when full so I try to avoid keeping them full even when surfing.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Awesome. Thanks Mark. I'm pretty sure the 900's and IBS is the setup I'm going to go with. It seems like the 750's are probably best for hitting the switch and letting it go. But I know there will come a time that I just can't live with the fact that I don't have every possible ounce of water I can get in there.
    Lee

2014 Mondo