Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Yooper, what size wire is running to from your buss back to the Perko switch and battery? I'm running a Jav and 800.4 and I'm using 1/0 to a distribution block and then 4AWG to the amps. Those two amps can draw some current so you may want to look at that. Maybe I'm not seeing a separate ground wire in the pic but that looks like 8AWG running back to the battery.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by uniwarking View Post
    Yooper, what size wire is running to from your buss back to the Perko switch and battery? I'm running a Jav and 800.4 and I'm using 1/0 to a distribution block and then 4AWG to the amps. Those two amps can draw some current so you may want to look at that. Maybe I'm not seeing a separate ground wire in the pic but that looks like 8AWG running back to the battery.
    I think you are exactly right.... I haven't changed that part at all. It has whatever came from Moomba.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

The cable to the B+ BUS looks like 2ga. Depending on the length to the battery/switch and what other loads are drawing off that BU, 2ga could be about right. But, no way is 8ga for that ground side BUS. I would suggest 4ga to the amps and what ever is ample for for the load of those 2 amps and other loads also wired to that ground post.

Actually, stock is 6 AWG to the bus and then 8 AWG to the stock kicker amps. I still have my old stuff in the garage. The + looks bigger than it is because it's got color matched corrugated wire sheathing on it.

You'll really want to up that wire size to 4AWG to the amps per the spec, and 1/0 running from the battery to a distribution block. Brian @ Exile can set you up with the right stuff. They've got some solid Tspec kits that will have everything you need, including properly sized fuses.

Here is how mine ended up, it looked just like yours before:

IMG_0608.jpg
    Last edited by uniwarking; 06-02-2014 at 04:26 PM.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    The cable to the B+ BUS looks like 2ga. Depending on the length to the battery/switch and what other loads are drawing off that BU, 2ga could be about right. But, no way is 8ga for that ground side BUS. I would suggest 4ga to the amps and what ever is ample for for the load of those 2 amps and other loads also wired to that ground post.
    The cable on the B+ has a wire loom over it, so it's a little smaller than it appears. I do have 4ga to the amps. Looks like I'll have to upgrade the power and ground to the buss.
    2019 Moomba Mojo

Ok. Power and ground cables have been upgraded to 1/0. I think I'm finally done for a little while!
    2019 Moomba Mojo