Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

I'm still on my 66" radar vice with double strada bindings. I'm liking it a whole lot better since I got some coaching this spring. I also love the strada bindings- enough support but like skihard says they've saved my feet a few times- even without full release the little bit of heel lift you get if you crush a turn really helps prevent injuries.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I've recently got the bug to start skiing again.

I use a Kidder Red Line Classic with dual hi-wraps. I love this ski - it's like riding on a rail.

Ed G you should definitely give the redline a rip and save the surfing for the end of the day. The other ski we have that is a ton of fun is the Radar Satori. It's a flat bottomed flexible ski meant to ride at slower (wakeboard) speeds. The getup feels very much like a wakeboard. My guests really enjoy it especially those who either are not in top physical condition or have had injuries that makes it hard to get up on a traditional slalom ski. I was able to get a guy through the course on it that hadn't skied in 15 years because of back issues. My brother who has pins in both wrists rides it too.
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

I'm gonna do just that - give the 'ole Redline a rip.

However....I don't think I'll be going 36 MPH on the shortest rope like I used to

switched from an O'Brien to an HO Triumph in '13 and in '14 switched to the HO Syndicate S2. Great ski, much more responsive and faster than the Triumph.

I totally agree. My other ski is a Triumph which is a Nice ski and my newer one is a Monza which was the predecessor to the Syndicate series. My Monza is Fast. Day and night difference between the two skis, Yet i occasionally still like to go back to the Triumph, Slow it down and just concentrate on some of the Mechanics of skiing which is simpler on the Slower ski.
    07 Outback DD

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey View Post
    I totally agree. My other ski is a Triumph which is a Nice ski and my newer one is a Monza which was the predecessor to the Syndicate series. My Monza is Fast. Day and night difference between the two skis, Yet i occasionally still like to go back to the Triumph, Slow it down and just concentrate on some of the Mechanics of skiing which is simpler on the Slower ski.
    Exactly. I was at a local competition a few weeks ago and I didn't realize the difference in the two skis and how my body position adapted ( which is bad of course ) to each ski. My normal class Slalom 2nd Class I rode my Syndicate S2 and then a few sets later competed in the wide ride and switched to my Triumph ( since only it met the class measurements ). Holy cow what a difference.

While I think I had better form with the Triumph, i felt like i was dragging kelp or weeds behind the ski. But I would fee more in control and connected while on that ski. It was really hard to ski both skis on the same day, or at least I wasn't used to it. Another ski buddy of mine has the Monza, wicked quick and he loves it. Still, seems like a stable ski when I watched some video of him on the course. Good all purpose lake and course ski.

John

Connelly F1X. Gathering dust. Last time I was behind a boat was 2012.
    2007 Outback - SOLD June 2016
    2012 RAM Crew Cab
    2015 Subaru Forester
    Stuart

"When you first start out with something new, you're always a little uptight." - Don Rickles

Use it or lose it, my friend. Gotta find the time and get out there.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Default What's Your Ski?

Finally got to try out my oh free ride it was a bit choppy but still s blast ImageUploadedByTapatalk1402364412.398197.jpg

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
    04 outback dd vortec