Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quote Originally Posted by Tkosleded View Post
    Finally got to try out my oh free ride it was a bit choppy but still s blast Attachment 20096

From mooseknuckle sledding lodge
    04 outback dd vortec
    Looks great, always wanted to try that ski and see how it differs from the traditional style. What was really impressive from this initiative / theme was that Marcus Brown started doing pulls with 150' of rope and really getting some wide swings. I think I first saw this on Edged in Water 2. Pretty dang cool if you think about it. . . a 10 second swing instead of only two seconds. How cool! Keep us posted on what you like about it, i may get one just to play around with. JY

Default What's Your Ski?

Thanks right now I like that it is lime green and the ski seams real stable and forgiving
    Makes me look like a better skier than I am

04 outback dd vortec

Here's my pops- he's in his upper 60s and still skis!
    image.jpg
    2021 Malibu 23 LSV
    2008 OBV-Sold!
    2001 Ski Nautique closed bow-slalom course only!
    attracted to shiny things that float

My Moomba Lives in Eagle River, WI - We Live in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by Tkosleded View Post
    Finally got to try out my oh free ride it was a bit choppy but still s blast Attachment 20096

04 outback dd vortec

I just jumped on the HO website and watched that video of Marcus Brown skiing in the kind of conditions and locations that are the EXACT reasons that we bought our lake home and new Moomba! As a 46-year old guy who still loves skiing (but am planning on sufing a lot this summer behind our new Mobius!), 3 years ago a bought new Connelly slalom ski in their "Escape series" - wider tip & tail, parabolic shape, and pretty easy to get up for a 200 lbs dad. While it's fun, based on what I just saw in the video confirms that I need to get my hands on one of THESE bad boys!

I'd love to hear more about the length rope you're uisng and how you feel it handles...... but I'm gonna buy regardless!

I picked up a 2012 Radar Vice a couple of years ago as I FINALLY upgraded from my Kidder Redline and it is a real fun fast ski. Still rocking the RTP as I never could get the hang of the dual boot out of the water. I'm 52 and hope I have a few skiis still in me!!!
    2006 Mobius LSV 325 hp MPI Indmar
    2005 6L Silverado 1500HD Quadrasteer
    MODS: Polk DB651's Cabin Speakers, 10" Polk MM1040 Sub in a custom sub box, Kicker ZXM700.5 5 channel Amp, EZ net cargo nets, ACME 1847 Prop, 4 outlet Heatercraft Heater

Default What's Your Ski?

That kidder brings back. Memory from collage days in 92

04 outback dd vortec

Quote Originally Posted by Grant M View Post
    ..... I'm 52 and hope I have a few skiis still in me!!!
    Grant - I started slalom when I was 16 and did not get my first lesson until I was 53. Since then I have vastly improved my skiing going from 15off at 28 mph to 28 off at 32 mph and taking a serious look at 34mph, best I have ever skied. So I consider 52 as just getting started. Strongly recommend coaching.
    If you believe something to be true, it will be - in it's consequences.

2009 MasterCraft ProStar 197 - DD - 5.7L - 325HP - Zero Off

Grant come on down and visit me and we will get you swerving around some buoys! The ski technology has changed so much it's really amazing. I still own my very first slalom ski and I think I'd be scared to get on it and see where it would or should I say wouldn't take me? LOL
    Just look at the difference in the two skis you posted side by side. That Radar looks a little longer, wider, and the binding placement is completely different.
    Can't stress enough to everyone on here as Benson says..........seek out some coaching. It's really amazing how we think we are decent skiers in open water then when challenged with trying to chase buoys your whole world comes crashing down and you're instantly humbled at how good you really aren't! A good coach can help you with the littlest of things that you and your friends will never be able to figure out.
    With that said and the new skis being what they are...........you have to change how you ski to even think you're skiing a ski to it's full potential.
    2014 Centurion Carbon Pro

2004 Ski Nautique 196 LE - SOLD
    2004 Outback DD - SOLD
    1995 Supra TSM6 Comp - SOLD

2017 - 67" Radar Lithium Vapor Pro Build w/ Radar Vapor Boa Bindings

Stay STACKED & Pull HARD!!!

Here is my old trusty Connelly Concept...66" I also have a Radar Senate and Several Old HO's...Always find my way back to the Connelly. Really like this ski.Memorial Day 014.jpg
    Pat L
    2005 Outback
    Leonardtown, Maryland