Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mondo Ballast

Default Mondo Ballast

Ran stock ballast last weekend. I would say almost wave that is unsurfable! Wondering if other Mondo owners have replaced ballast and if so what is working good for surf wave?

-Sioux
    2014 Mondo

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by sioux View Post
    Ran stock ballast last weekend. I would say almost wave that is unsurfable! Wondering if other Mondo owners have replaced ballast and if so what is working good for surf wave?

-Sioux
    My best has been 900 in the rear.. 500 center.... 350-400 in the nose and 350-400 on the surf side. had 4 in the boat and had a guy surfing first time up with full slack in the rope.
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Stock ballast in the rear compartments of the Mondo is a 400 pound bag on each side. I highly recommend upgrading to at least 750s in the rear and maybe adding an IBS in the bow. The Mondo is a deep boat and needs more weight for it to really get the best wave. I think most Mondo owners have definitely upgraded those rear sacs for sure. All you have to do is snap them in and change the timers on your dash and you should be good to go.

I have made that swap and plan on testing it out this weekend. .. I will post pics of the difference

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

We tried to surf with the wrong prop. That's what I get for not listening to the great guys here, but the Moomba Rep. You guys are correct the 537 is not the right prop for the Mondo when loaded would not go over 15. The correct prop I hope, should be in Friday. What props are you guys running?

You would probably get better performance with a different prop but I doubt that is causing your "issues" with surfing since you wouldn't really go much over 10 or 11 mph anyway. I think the other guys have it right -- NEED MORE BALLAST!!
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by mikenehrkorn View Post
    You would probably get better performance with a different prop but I doubt that is causing your "issues" with surfing since you wouldn't really go much over 10 or 11 mph anyway. I think the other guys have it right -- NEED MORE BALLAST!!
    Mike, I hope the prop fixes the issue. I know surfing is only between 10 and 12 depending on the boat and water way. The bow was so high I had to stand when driving.

Maybe some of the experts can chime in about how the prop change might affect your situation, but that sounds like you need an IBS to bring the bow down.

After going back and reading your post again, are you having this issue with stock ballast (400#)? That seems really strange to me.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

We moved 4 college wrestlers up front to try and bring the bow down.this was with the stock 400 ballast

Where did you have your wake plate???

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!