Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default 08 lsv hard to start!

Where is your fuel filter located? Mine is to the starboard side of the v-drive, real close to the fuel tank. It does not get real hot there, as it is connected via rubber fuel line and is not in the actual engine bay.
    Last edited by moombahighrider; 05-26-2014 at 11:29 AM.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Well that makes since that it wouldn't even have time to vaporize ... Mine is in the same place starboard side of the v-drive ...

So you recommend checking plugs and changing filter too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To simplify things, reciprocating engines need three things to run: fuel, air , and spark. Definitely change your fuel filter, easy to get to and you can go to most any auto parts store to get one that fits. If you don't know the last time your plugs have been changed, I would go ahead and change them since you're gonna pull them anyway. Also, ignition wires (spark plug wires) can be a source of rough running as well. May think about a new set of those. Finally, make sure your air source is clear, i.e. check your filter for obstruction. Those are all pretty easy to accomplish, relatively inexpensive and part of a good tune up anyways. After that, if the problem persists, I would change the fuel pump. It may be putting out inconsistent pressures.
    Keep us posted , and good luck.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Ok thank you all I'm gonna start with the fuel filter and go from there... Any recommendations for spark plugs?

Ok today I took it out and tested the fuel pressure 60lbs at fuel prime and with engine running so it's not the fuel pump... Here is what I did find.. Pulled the coil wire to check spark and my spark is hit or miss and it's orange which tells me it's weak! Any ideas? Other than coil? That's my first guess..

Ok I still haven't found my problem! Changed coil and ignition module still not firing everytime or has weak fire.. Im gonna try relays tomorrow but i'm not sure which one is even the ignition relay? I looked in all the owners manuals and cant find anything identifying them.. Can anybody on here tell me which one it is? Im gonna test the crank sensor in the morning to as well as the pickup in the distributor.. Any other suggestions on what it could be?

I think we have the same boat. I have the exact same problems you're having and I've done the same things you have to try and fix it. Where is the crank position sensor though and if you find the relays also please let me know. However mine will start every time with starter fluid or pouring gas down the throttle body. Been on the phone with the dealership numerous times and they can't even take an educated guess with out hooking it up to their computers.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

I have a 2006 and this would happen to me, I thought it was vapor lock but it turned out to be my MAP sensor. It's the sensor on top of the manifold between the spark arrestor and the cabin. Try removing the sensor next time it wont fire up (just unscrew it and pull out). If it fires up with it removed (it will run like crap) then you found the same issue I had. I have found the sensor doesn't actually fail, it just acts weird so I keep a spare in the boat and swap between them as it happens. Since I put the new sensor in it hasn't failed recently, but it was very sporadic before I found the problem.
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

I have an 06 LSV with 330 hours in it. This boat has been perfect since day one. After 8 hours on the lake Saturday, I was headed to the marina when the engine went to acting stupid. It scared me it was running so rough I shut it down. Once I shut it down, I checked it over good then tried to restart it. It will spin over fine it just won't start up. Today, I pulled the fuel filter, pulled the flame arrestor, bled the fuel rail, re-primed the fuel pump, but no luck. She'll spin over but no fire. I'm thinking I may have the same or similar problem. Let me know what you come up with.

Wow I can't believe you guys are having the same trouble! Crank position sensor is in the v drive locker on the port side right to that side of the impeller housing. I have literally tried everything me and my mechanic buddy can think of. What we have found is no spark at the coil and no pulse at the injectors and that normally means crank sensor but that didn't fix it. So after eight hours straight of working on it we finally called my dealer. So tomorrow I'm gonna go up first thing in the morning and see what he can find out he says he will hook I yup to their machine and diagnose it for free and I can fix it myself. I did try the map sensor with no luck too. Some things you guys can try is ohm out you coil wire and make sure it doesn't have a break in it somewhere you can't see and take your kill switch out and just jump the two wires together because it could be failing also...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk