Default 2013 Mojo 2.5 - bypass heater core

New Moomba owner from Alaska. Just took my brand new boat out for the very first time and it looks like the heater core is bad/cracked. We have a short season and while I wait for the local repair shop and manufacturer to hash things out I was hoping someone could give me a pointer on how to just bypass the heater?

1) Is it possible to turn it off at the engine? If so, how?
    2) If 1 isn't possible I could just attach in/out at the heater core itself, correct? Anyone know what size of tube and connectors I would need?

Any help would be appreciated. We have maybe 3 months to use these up here and I want to get it back in the water.

I bypassed my heater when it went bad, because we don't need it down here. I just took the hoses off at the heater, and attached some flexible tubing to connect them. There wasn't enough play in the hoses to connect them directly to each other without the extra hose. I don't remember the size though.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

CSM is correct, Just connect a center peace to the inlet and outlet. You can do this back at the engine or at the heater core. Doesn't matter at all.

The heater core is just a simple flow through design and makes no difference to the boat't operation if its connected or not.

Also,

Welcome to the forum, your the first Moomba guy I have heard of in Alaska LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

I had a cracked core this year as well. The previous owner didn't winterize it properly...

Since I planned on replacing it, I disconnected both hoses from the core and connected them with a 5/8" hose connector. My core was in front of the driver foot box and was a real pain to remove. But if you don't plan to replace it, or can wait until the off season, it would be easier to just get a short section of hose and connect them at the engine. It's much easier to work back there.
    Last edited by Myth; 06-11-2014 at 04:07 PM. Reason: spelling

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah, we don't have a lot of ski boats up here. Short season and lack of good lakes to take them out in. Most people end up with a flat bottom jet and use it on the rivers and for tubing. The Moomba definitely stands out a bit.

I've tried getting ahold of the manufacturer again to see if they can save me a trip. I have a 45 minute drive each way to go measure the hoses so if anyone has an idea of what size they are that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Myth View Post
    I had a cracked core this year as well. The previous owner didn't winterize it properly...

Since I planned on replacing it, I disconnected both hoses from the core and connected them with a 5/8" hose connector. My core was in front of the driver foot box and was a real pain to remove. But if you don't plan to replace it, or can wait until the off season, it would be easier to just get a short section of hose and connect them at the engine. It's much easier to work back there.
    Thanks, that saves me a drive. Do you know where on the engine it is located? Like I said, brand new to this boat and I don't have a mechanic manual for it. What kind of connection is it off the engine, just a 5/8 barb?

Mine connect to the engine on the port side. There are two hoses that run under the deck up to the heater. You can probably identify them at the engine if you look at them at the heater. There are a lot of hoses, but these two look different, as least in my case.
    2008 LSV

There should be labels on the engine where the heater hoses go, one should be near the thermostat on the manifold and the other was in the port side of the engine water pump. I kept a small hose just in case of an issue to do the bypass at the engine, easier to reach.