Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

found a very informative write up on here going over the entire alignment procedure....sounds easy enough..
    A guy saw me pulling my boat out of the lake and examining my prop....he said that's why only rich guys own inboards with v\direct drives......I have found if your mechanically inclined, these boats are actually easier and cheaper to repair yourself. I hated working on outboards....
    Love my boat

sooooo...they wouldn't exchange\rebuild my prop....said my pitch wasn't desirable and after repair it would just sit on the shelf.. I ended up purchasing a new OJ 14.25x14.5 prop.
    guess ill rebuild old 14x18 as spare

A good shop can change the pitch. Find another one.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

weird thing happened when i pulled my strut off..my shaft returned straight..now it looks like its straight but idk..looked at the gap around the outlet of the boat and it looks all good
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

welllll hahaha
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    weird thing happened when i pulled my strut off..my shaft returned straight..now it looks like its straight but idk..looked at the gap around the outlet of the boat and it looks all good
    Eyeballing the shaft is not going to cut it. It needs to be set on v-blocks and spun with a dial indicator to check for any bending. You can take it to a shop and they will check and straighten it for you for a decent price.
    2017 Moomba Craz

After bolting strut to blocks in a jig I measured side to side with mic......it's straight...so I installed new bearing and repacked stuffing box. It wasn't badly bent...just enough to bind a bit... I will pull shaft after this weekend. Have my family in and they are pretty excited about hitting the lake. Any shop is at least 1.5 hours from here. I had my buddy spin shaft while up against a Cnc cut aluminum I beam with v at each end...used a mic to measure up and down shft....it's close enough...I build custom competition rifles and I'm pretty good with precise measurements...I would like it checked by a shop that does marine drive line work though.... If it was off any with measurements I took I would have removed and sent off. I can easily spin prop by hand with two fingers...ran with water hooked to engine and it had zero imbalance from what I can see thanks guys