Default Sub under glove box in 14 mondo?

Thoughts??? Can I just get a sub in a box and put it under the glove box area? There is lots of room in there!

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

I thought about doing that too. Very easy to wire if you don't have an EQ on the driver's side. Short power wires and RCA cable.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Ya I was going for simplicity. . Lol

My daughter isnt a fan of the idea... she likes the "hidey hole" to hangout in...

I have seen it in that location in other boats from the factory. It would probably work fine if you don't mind losing the space.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Quote Originally Posted by saskyrider View Post
    Thoughts??? Can I just get a sub in a box and put it under the glove box area? There is lots of room in there!

It all depends on how critical you are when it comes to sound quality. It's certainly quick and easy....but bad for sound. The tactile bass will survive but the more articulate bass, attack, and transients will be filtered by concealing the sub inside a solid compartment and behind dense seat cushions. Creates more of a boat shaker and less of a musical bass maker. Not to mention that the subwoofer and amplifier will have to work several times harder to create the same output as a direct-radiating sub.

Default Re: Sub under glove box in 14 mondo?

Quote Originally Posted by David Analog View Post
    It all depends on how critical you are when it comes to sound quality. It's certainly quick and easy....but bad for sound. The tactile bass will survive but the more articulate bass, attack, and transients will be filtered by concealing the sub inside a solid compartment and behind dense seat cushions. Creates more of a boat shaker and less of a musical bass maker. Not to mention that the subwoofer and amplifier will have to work several times harder to create the same output as a direct-radiating sub.
    Thanks David, I was looking for a quick and simple fix... I figured it would impact sound quality. I might go ahead with this way for now as I have a spare sub/amp combo that will fit in there. But will plan on a proper upgrade later this year or next year

My '13 LSV came with a pre-fab box that was under the glove box. At cruising speeds, I honestly couldn't even tell I had a sub, and this is a nice Exile 12". I just moved it under the helm in a box I built, and it's a night and day difference. Like David said, you can kinda feel the sub when it's under the glove box, but you can't really hear it. Before I moved it, I tried to keep that area open as much as possible, which helped some, but that obviously takes up a seat.
    '19 MAX
    '13 Mobius LSV - Sold
    '05 Mobius LSV - Sold

I have a 12 under the helm and one onder the console onmy mojo...COMPLETE waste IMO. id opt for the helm and push the heck out of it
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

Last edited by Sampp1963; 06-15-2014 at 08:29 AM.
    Sampp

2014 Mondo

Could be worst
    From nice Québec..