Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    I'm curious. I also have issues starting my 08 LSV in the morning it can take 10 to 15 turns of the key to finally get the engine running. After running for a while in order to restart I find that if I turn the key, hear the fuel pump kick in, and try to start it won't. But I'll the push the throttle forward to kill the starter while holding the key in the start position then bump the throttle back to neutral it will start but I have to throw the throttle froward a little to keep it running.

Could I have a problem with the oil pressure switch. It reads normal oil pressure while running and I put about 15hrs on the boat over the long weekend and it ran fine.
    This was a problem I was having, I replaced the fuel filter and have not had the issue since. You could have a bad ignition switch.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by sivs1 View Post
    This was a problem I was having, I replaced the fuel filter and have not had the issue since. You could have a bad ignition switch.
    Ok I've already replaced the filter but will check into the ignition switch.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Quote Originally Posted by Rakkasan View Post
    I'm curious. I also have issues starting my 08 LSV in the morning it can take 10 to 15 turns of the key to finally get the engine running. After running for a while in order to restart I find that if I turn the key, hear the fuel pump kick in, and try to start it won't. But I'll the push the throttle forward to kill the starter while holding the key in the start position then bump the throttle back to neutral it will start but I have to throw the throttle froward a little to keep it running.

Could I have a problem with the oil pressure switch. It reads normal oil pressure while running and I put about 15hrs on the boat over the long weekend and it ran fine.
    Rakkasan,
    In my opinion, your issue does not sound like oil pressure switch, if you have ran it 15 or so hours. Generally, with a faulty oil pressure switch, the engine will start but not run very long because the oil pressure switch did not sense pressure and the engine will shut down as a safety feature.
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by Badfoot View Post
    Rakkasan,
    In my opinion, your issue does not sound like oil pressure switch, if you have ran it 15 or so hours. Generally, with a faulty oil pressure switch, the engine will start but not run very long because the oil pressure switch did not sense pressure and the engine will shut down as a safety feature.
    Ok that makes sense I just can't figure out why its so hard to start but run like a champ. I'd take it to the dealer but it's a long drive and my days off are not very conducive to their work load.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in