Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 2008 moomba lsv no start

5.7 l indmar I have got good spark I have fuel all the way to the rail yet the plugs are dry and won't fire could the fuel pressure be to low? I can't think of anything else please help !!!

Default 2008 moomba lsv no start

It might be worth popping the injectors off to see if they are gummed up and if you get the fuel pressure relief.
    '08 Mobius LSV- SOLD!
    2017 Mojo Pro

Very possible your fuel pressure is to low. Last year on my Vette I had pressure at the rail but it wouldn't start. Replaced fuel pump it fired right up.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

get a test light and make sure your injectors have power, ground the test light and test both wires to the injectors, if one of them should cause the light to flash. also check the actual fuel pressure, you can rent a fuel pressure gauge from a local auto parts store for cheap. should be around 40-50 psi i would think.
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

um, is the kill cord connected properly. just don't ask why im asking
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

Try the oil pressure safety switch haveing same problem with my xlv 5.7. Done everything, my last resort is this oil pressure safety switch. It has there wires one of supposedly relay to the motor that the oils pressure is up so the fuel pump will kick in. I dunno trying today my weekend was already ruined and not to mention I spent 500$ at a shop and it still doesn't work.

X2 on the oil pressure switch
    Yellow over White 99 Mobius 21'open on jet black double axle

In Neutral? Even if it looks like it is it may not be, put it in gear and back out. Yes, I learned this the hard way!
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

X3 on the oil pressure switch. I had this problem a couple of years ago.
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold

I'm curious. I also have issues starting my 08 LSV in the morning it can take 10 to 15 turns of the key to finally get the engine running. After running for a while in order to restart I find that if I turn the key, hear the fuel pump kick in, and try to start it won't. But I'll the push the throttle forward to kill the starter while holding the key in the start position then bump the throttle back to neutral it will start but I have to throw the throttle froward a little to keep it running.

Could I have a problem with the oil pressure switch. It reads normal oil pressure while running and I put about 15hrs on the boat over the long weekend and it ran fine.
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in