Thread: DFW folks

Hybrid View

Default DFW folks

Hope this is posted in the best place.

Headed to Lake Ray Roberts tomorrow to check it out. Never been there before. Anyone familiar with it?

(Access at Lake Grapevine is very limited to non existent, and I have no interest in Lake Lewisville. Joe Pool is full, but twice the distance for me. Ray Roberts is about 7' low I am told.)

Thanks.
    2010 Outback V

Default DFW folks

Don't know much about Ray Roberts but I do know 7 foot is dangerously low in any North TX lake. Much safer to drive another 30 to 40 minutes and not have to worry about damaging your boat. It's to early in the season for that!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Let us know how it goes. I've never been to Ray Roberts.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by bzubke1 View Post
    Let us know how it goes. I've never been to Ray Roberts.
    City or Grapevine reports several ramps still open on the south side of the lake as of today, might consider that option also, as it is minutes from me, and I know the lake well... Easy enough to float off and float on at an unfamiliar ramp...
    2010 Outback V

Scouted a few of the open ramps on Grapevine Friday. Local fisherman mentioned that tandem axle trailers were still having success, but warned about dropping off the ramp with a single axle trailer.

He was very familiar with Ray Roberts, and made that recommendation. Went to The state park on Ray Roberts early Sunday. Great ramp, 6 lanes, and deep water. Large open lake, but many coves offer some wind protection, but still a bit choppy. Up close to the dam got good enough water to get the kid some kneeboard practice. Depth readings from 20 to 70 feet deep. Only about a 30 minute drive, so closer than Joe Pool, but park fees are $7 per adult, and 12 and under are free. Really nice park with sandy beach swim area, and lots of activities.

Ray Roberts reports to be 8.2 feet low on Sunday.
    2010 Outback V