Default Upgrade Tower Speakers

Looking to upgrade tower speakers. Just have 2 of the factory 6" Roswell tower speakers right now. I did have a 10" subwoofer installed last year and upgraded to a Kicker DX 600.5 amp. Looking to add a couple tower speakers so we can hear the tunes when wakeboarding. I was looking at the Rev 8's or the Rockford Fosgate speakers. Any suggestions? I'm not the typical stereo guru so I'm looking for some help here. Any input would be helpful. Willing to spend $1500 - $2k for something that sounds great, but don't have to be the loudest on the lake.
    2013 Mobius LSV
    Lake, Sun, Cold Beer = Moomba Time: Life is Good

A single pair of 8" Horn Loaded Compression Drivers, such as the Wet Sounds Rev-8, are going to give you the wake range projection you seek, while not sacrificing near-field sound quality. An even larger pair, like the 10" Rev-10, would be even more mid-bass output, deeper mid-bass extension. On the lower end of the budget, 2 pair of 6.5 HLCDs, like the Memphis Audio, would give you good wake range projection, but at the cost of near-field sound quality as compared to the other options. Even with solid amplifier power, you should be able to stay within your budget, including all the install incidentals needed.

If you have an opportunity to demo these options, take it.

My vote would be for Exile Audio - great products and great service.

The XM9 Package would probably meet your needs... plus there is enough amp there to add a second pair down the road. As with every tower speaker thread, you'll probably see a lot of responses to this. I imagine Brian from Exile will chime in, he's a good guy to get in touch with.

I went from the Roswell's to a pair of SXT9's (more of a surf style coaxial speaker) and couldn't be happier. The XM9's is a HLCD and will give you the long range projection.
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Another option to consider, would be the Kicker KMS67 (or its old model number the KM6500.2) and a pair of the KMT double pods. Bridged on the Kicker KMX400.4 Class-D marine amp, and you are well within your budget. The Compression driver's 1.7" voice coil is larger then most any 6.5" HLCD out there, and even larger then some 8" HLCDs you will see. Having the setup as a component set as opposed to pro-axial style where the horn is through the center of the mid-bass cone, gives you more surface area then a 6.5 pro-axial, which equals more mid-bass. This also means that the horn can have a continuous flare as opposed to a straight section at the base. This greatly improves the sound quality. I have no issue with putting the KMT67 side by side with a pair of 8" HLCD.