Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default New Mondo engine cut out while in transit

Hey guys.

So we were on the river tonight with our four kids. After pulling up to a beach to let the kids swim for awhile we started heading back to the boat ramp. While on our way, the engine just stopped. We have dual batteries and I tried both 1 and 2 but nothing happened. I made sure it was in neutral. I reset the circuit breaker by the battery switch but that didn't help. Just prior to the engine stopping, we were getting weird water temp readings and no mph readings at all. We started paddling in and were lucky enough to get a tow. I have the batteries plugged in now.

Should the display work if I am charging the batteries? The radio, lights, other accessories work but the display won't turn on. Is there something else I should be looking for? Sorry this is my first boat so I am learning as I go and I appreciate all the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jesse

2014 Mondo

I looked under the dash at the ignition breaker and I had to reset that. Now everything is working again. Why would that have flipped while under way. We had the radio on and the kids had the heaters on. Nothing else should have been running. Little ticked at myself that I didn't calm down in the boat and think about looking at this. Oh well I am learning.

Jesse

2014 Mondo

Check the transducer which is down in the bilge area.. chances are the wires are melted. Its a noted issue search thru the threads as there is another thread regarding it

Sent from my apple crushin android device
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Why hasn't SC issued a recall on the boats instead of letting folks break down on the water. This is obviously an ongoing issue on the new models.

Shane
    2016 Supra SE
    EXILED
    6 XM9 Tower
    6 Wetsounds XS650 Cabin
    1 EXILE BIG 12 DVC 2000 watt in a ported box
    1 XM 15.4
    XI 1500.1
    2 MX 30.2
    Wetsounds 420 EQ
    EXILE Blue tooth EXBT4
    Blue LEDs

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post
    Why hasn't SC issued a recall on the boats instead of letting folks break down on the water. This is obviously an ongoing issue on the new models.

Agreed. My series of events was identical to others on this forum and if it was not for this forum I would not have known that there was a service bulletin out for this issue. I should have been paying closer attention to the posts on this forum however it would have been nice to hear from the dealer as well. Mine goes in Monday to get fixed. Dealer didn't even have the new parts yet. They are on order.

Jesse

2014 Mondo

Quote Originally Posted by smorris7 View Post

Would also like to know why they cant find the problem with all the wake plate issues,well over a year now and no one seems to have an answer
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

^ this

2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    2003 Ebbtide Campioné 210
    1969 Sea Ray SRV 170
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

SC has issued a recall on this. happened to my 2014 Mojo and some others on the boards here. I saw the recall notice from my dealer after mine had already been replaced. If I remember right it affected boats manufactured from August thru March. Take it back to get fixed, because it is going to happen again in a worse spot if you dont
    2014 MOJO 2.5

Does SC have a place that they post recalls publicly? Or are they just sent to the owner and/or dealer. Mines at the dealer right now and if it's effected by this recall, I'd rather get it done while it's there rather than drive the 3 hrs back a day or week or whatever after I pick it up.

Lee

2014 Mondo

I never received notification personally and mine is going in on Monday to get fixed so I am assuming they do not send any notification to owner since I didn't hear anything from them prior to my issues.

Jesse

2014 Mondo