Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default My 2014 Exile Install...

Looks good so far, the green painted cans really add to the install. Nice job.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Here is a picture of the clamps - this one got a little scratched during install, have some touch-up to do, but you get the idea;
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I also decided to need up my battery setup too - I added 2 6v Exide GC135's, one in each rear locker. While I was at it I ripped the carpet out and replaced with Hydroturf. Here you can see that, and the start of one of the GC135's;

The Hydroturf was wet and dirty in this pic, it looks much better cleaned up, and won't hold water like carpet so it's a win-win.

I'll be making Starboard battery boxes, similar to what I did in my '08 Outback - since these batteries are huge I don't want to waste the space that a molded box would take up.

I also added a Prosport20 2 bank charger, it is mounted the the wall in front of the engine, out of sight, out of mind, out of the way;

I don't have any pics after it was wired, as I put the trim panels back in and you can't really see it.
    You have the same CWB dog life vets that we got for our girls

Sent from my iP
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

Damn looks clean! I like that sub box!!!!!!! How hard do they hit???? I was thinking of getting a 12" L7 & (2) KM10's....now I'm thinking (2) 10" L7s like you haha. Not sure if they would fit though. I'm either buying a Mondo or LSV.

In my opinion this setup sounds great - this is actually the second boat that I've done the 10" L7s in, and both have sounded solid. You can absolutely fit this into a Mondo or LSV - heck, you could fit 2 12's ported under the dash! Truth be told, if I could get 10" Exile subs I would probably switch to them, since they would match, but I can't and the Kickers have been great.
    2013 Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    In my opinion this setup sounds great - this is actually the second boat that I've done the 10" L7s in, and both have sounded solid. You can absolutely fit this into a Mondo or LSV - heck, you could fit 2 12's ported under the dash! Truth be told, if I could get 10" Exile subs I would probably switch to them, since they would match, but I can't and the Kickers have been great.
    Well then (2) 12" Kicker L7s it is haha

clean, love it man haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

So great!!! This site is a constant reinder of how talentless I am . Seriously though, looks awesome!
    '08 Mobius LS. Sold
    '18 Craz "TypeO"
    REV10's, Revo6 xss, Kicker10, Kicker 12 CompR, various LED's

I finally got around to installing the 2 XM30.2's to power the tower speakers - it's amazing the size difference between these amps and the Harpoon - this is pre-clean up, and I forgot the Kicker Dual-Zone control at home, so the permanant rcas aren't hooked up, just tied in place and using jumpers for now;

On the bottom is an Xi800.4 that powers the 6 SX65-M component speakers in the cabin.

Here is a "before" picture with the single Harpoon that I replaced;

(Disregard the mess there, this was snapped after a day on the water last year)
    2013 Outback V

Have you gotten a chance to listen to the tower speakers sepperate from each other? Just curious how they compare to each other in the boat and far away.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon