Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Ian - whats your thoughts about the New 30.2's power wise over your Harpoon... Initial reports on the Thermal capabilities on the XM series has been fantastic. Whats your take? -Brian

Default My 2014 Exile Install...

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    Ian - whats your thoughts about the New 30.2's power wise over your Harpoon... Initial reports on the Thermal capabilities on the XM series has been fantastic. Whats your take? -Brian
    I finally got a chance to take the boat to the middle of the lake and dial in the amps, and I have to say; I LOVE them! Makes me want to swap out my Xi800.4 and Xi1500.1! They stay MUCH cooler than the Xis (and Harpoon), and I when I turn off the SXT9's the XM9s sound just as good (and loud) as they did on the Harpoon, with 1/3 of the space and way less current draw. Its hard to do a direct comparison on battery usage because I only ran the Harpoon on my new 6volts for a few days, but there definitely seems to be an improvement.

Hmm, will another amp order, and ZLD-II order be in my near future...
    2013 Outback V

Default Re: My 2014 Exile Install...

Quote Originally Posted by ian ashton View Post
    I finally got a chance to take the boat to the middle of the lake and dial in the amps, and I have to say; I LOVE them! Makes me want to swap out my Xi800.4 and Xi1500.1! They stay MUCH cooler than the Xis (and Harpoon), and I when I turn off the SXT9's the XM9s sound just as good (and loud) as they did on the Harpoon, with 1/3 of the space and way less current draw. Its hard to do a direct comparison on battery usage because I only ran the Harpoon on my new 6volts for a few days, but there definitely seems to be an improvement.

Hmm, will another amp order, and ZLD-II order be in my near future...
    How fo the SXT9's compare to the XM9'S?
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

They are much less hard on the ears at close distance; they are very musical. The combo sounds great, and makes me realize I need more sub now! 12's here I come...
    2013 Outback V

They are much less hard on the ears at close distance; they are very musical. The combo sounds great, and makes me realize I need more sub now! 12's here I come...
    Jeez you're a sound system animal!
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

This season I decided to add a second pair of tower speakers to compliment the XM9s - to even out the highs from the horns I went with SXT9s, custom painted of course;

I'm running the XM9s on top, using clamps that I custom made (I didn't like how large the stock Exile clamps were), with the SXT9s on bottom (where I had the XM9s last season)

Next up is pulling the Harpoon and replacing with 2 XM30.2's - one amp on each pair.

I'm debating on whether to keep the Xi800.4 that is powering the 6 SXT65s, or replace it with an XM15.4 to match the 30.2's. I'll keep the Xi1500.1 powering my 2 Kicker L7 10" subs, as that amp is mounted in a different area and isn't really seen.
    THREAD REVIVAL!

Ian, can you elaborate more on the surface mount clamps to your crossbar? How did you wire them/mount them?

I'm getting ready to powder my cans next week & am curious on how to mount it to the crossbar? Thanks!!
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

Quote Originally Posted by BrettLee3232 View Post
    THREAD REVIVAL!

Ian, can you elaborate more on the surface mount clamps to your crossbar? How did you wire them/mount them?

I'm getting ready to powder my cans next week & am curious on how to mount it to the crossbar? Thanks!!
    I would like to know how you mounted to that to that top board rack position as well.
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

THREAD REVIVAL!

I would like to know how you mounted to that to that top board rack position as well.
    2014 Mondo
    Ski Lockers - 1000# customs
    750 IBS

THREAD REVIVAL!

BUMP! Ian I hope you read this...

I wish you could tag someone like Facebook haha.
    2015 Mondo

Upgraded 900lb Rears, 250lb under Port Seat & 750lb IBS

2079 Prop

Auto Flow 2.0

Kicker Stereo: 2 800.5 amps, 2 400.2 amps, 4 KM8 towers , 4 KM10 subs & 8 KM6 cabin speakers

If you go back and read his whole thread, he explains how he mounted his speakers.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon