Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: new hooptie..

Default new hooptie..

it was finally time. we had 4 cars and all of them combined totalled 67 years old, so thinned out the herd and bought a new car. went to the dealer thinking we would be driving off in a mazda3, but she liked the hyundai sonata a lot better so after a week of dealing, found the perfect car. '14 sonata and popped for the 2.0turbo motor. 275 or so hp. it's pretty quick for a sedan but does have some torque steer. no nav but otherwise loaded. never had cooled leather before. should be a nice car and 10yr warranty is nice.. has pushbutton start. wierd to get used to not taking a key out of your pocket anymore..

the ceo showing off the new ride prior to taking her home..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I like Hyundai.

I have had a 2008 Elantra which I sold last September - had 165000 miles on it.

Never had one problem with the Elantra - absolutely nothing.

My father in law was getting a new car, so I purchased his 2009 Sonata. Had 48000 miles on it and I picked it up for $6500. Sold the Elantra for $4000.

Nice car. I put a set of Bridgestone Turanza with serenity plus tires on it and it handles like it is on rails.

Absolutely no question that my next new vehicle will also be a Hyundai.

Keep in mind that the 10 year warranty is for the power train. The bumper to bumper warranty is 5 years 60,000 miles
    Last edited by slipperyrockTKE300; 05-18-2014 at 06:01 AM.

My wife and I loved our Sonota. For the price you can't find a better car. Congrats on the new car.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

Just out of curiosity..... what the hell is a "hooptie"?

Any car that meets the following: a) driver must enter car through passenger side b) three different brand and size tires - 3 of them missing hubcap c) exhaust is held up by half a clothes hanger - other half replaces the antenna d) backfires every three blocks - loudest backfire being when car is turned off e) must open door at drive-threws as windows don't roll down f) you only get one AM station and the tape deck eats all tapes inserted g) can't open the glove box as the whole thing will fall out h) if you let go of steering wheel while driving you'll make a u-turn i) must manually move blinker lever up and down as it no longer blinks on it's own j) must keep one foot on brake and one on accelerator when at a complete stop k) has had the same temporary registration sticker in the window for the last 18 months l) has all the above issues but still has a $200 professional tint job

"Hey fool...you gotta have the phattest hooptie in town!"

How did you get clearance to post anyhow?
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Nice new ride!

You will get use to the keyless system. My wife had one on her 06 (believe it or not) and when we were recently car shopping, shouldn't wouldn't look at anything without.

If I drive her car for a week or so, I go to open the door in my truck and stand there wondering why it won't just let me in.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

"How did you get clearance to post anyhow?"

The mods seem to think it is ok.

I promise to be a nice guy, friendly and help others when I can.

I also carry a Roo tattoo on me for life with pride.

In fact, I wore a Moomba running singlet when I ran the Boston 5K - two days before the Boston Marathon.

10's of thousands of folks saw the Moomba logo.

For one day - me and Moomba were a rock star
    Last edited by slipperyrockTKE300; 05-19-2014 at 06:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Nice new ride!

You will get use to the keyless system. My wife had one on her 06 (believe it or not) and when we were recently car shopping, shouldn't wouldn't look at anything without.

If I drive her car for a week or so, I go to open the door in my truck and stand there wondering why it won't just let me in.
    This happens with me when I drive Claudia's VW.
    Used to be I would reach for the console shift in my truck too. LOL

Hoopty...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3s32PO8IYM
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Nice new ride!

Happens to me all the time. Or I get in and start stabbing the dash with my finger looking for the button and realize I need my stupid key.
    2008 Mobius XLV - SOLD

interesting that it is not more mainstream. not much technology to make it happen.
    the couple times I have driven the car I catch myself pulling the keyfob out of my pocket as I approach the car then realize that was a waste of motion....
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten