Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default check valve for IBS on 14 LSV

Someone with a hard tank will have to answer that because I do think there is something different that has to be done, I just don't know what it is.

As I try to think through the layout as you describe though, I can't wrap my head around the valve you call #1. What is it going suck if the thru hull won't let anything in?
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

I've got it wrong... it should be as follows...

1. run vent line from hard tank into fill port on IBS... vent line from IBS heads out to the thru hull. I then need two check valves. one right next to the thru hull that allows water and air to escape. and another closer to the IBS bag that allows air in when emptying.

The pressure of the check valve that is closer to the IBS will provide enough suction to get all the water out of the far side of the bad that doesn't have the lines connected to it... but will open and allow air into the hard tank as the water leaves it

I think... lol... i'm going nuts on this
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Check valve #1 only does two things -- stops the incoming air flow when emptying and lets the air/water out when filling.

And that's why you need check valve #2 with a hard tank to let air into the hard tank when emptying.

I don't have the hard tank so I just have the one check valve, but Joe could probably confirm my statements above.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Thanks Mike.. i had an extra connection in my diagram that was not needed....

Default check valve for IBS on 14 LSV

That sounds better. The extra connection was throwing me off
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Thanks Joe!!

Does anyone have the instructions for the IBS installation from wake makers that they could send me? I'd like to see what I'm going to need to do on my 2013 Outback V.

Thanks!

Default Re: check valve for IBS on 14 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by DC3Flyer View Post
    Does anyone have the instructions for the IBS installation from wake makers that they could send me? I'd like to see what I'm going to need to do on my 2013 Outback V.

Thanks!
    You need:

(1) IBS
    (2) 1" Straight Male Fittings
    (2) 1" 90° Female Fittings
    (? Feet) 1" Hose
    (1) 1" Check Valve
    (4) 1" Pinch Clamps

Remove your center bag vent hose from the boat thru hull. Hook that hose to the right side IBS leg. Hook one end of the new hose to the nose of the IBS. Hook the other end and a single check valve to the boat thru hull. Done. Very easy.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

We just tried out the new IBS this weekend. I did not install a check valve yet and figured I'd just "see how it goes". I fully expected that I would have to lift one side of the IBS to get the water to drain out the other side. I was happily surprised that all of the water was sucked out and the bag was nice and flat - no check valve and no "helping" it. I am running Johnson pumps which is probably important as they can produce a vacuum. This probably wouldn't work with aerator pumps. Also, I installed the vent to the top center port/valve (the very front/nose of the bag).

Maybe I just got lucky but I think you might just try running it normal and see what happens.
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1989 Sanger Skier DX - sold

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    You need:

(1) IBS
    (2) 1" Straight Male Fittings
    (2) 1" 90° Female Fittings
    (? Feet) 1" Hose
    (1) 1" Check Valve
    (4) 1" Pinch Clamps

Remove your center bag vent hose from the boat thru hull. Hook that hose to the right side IBS leg. Hook one end of the new hose to the nose of the IBS. Hook the other end and a single check valve to the boat thru hull. Done. Very easy.

Thanks Joe!