Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

Default check valve for IBS on 14 LSV

Does both legs on the IBS drain well with out a check valve. I installed my kit from wakemaker earlier and just dont see how the port side drains empty own its own. I ve seen the post about lowes and home depots check valves on older boats. Just wondering what ever body else is doing
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

Quote Originally Posted by nitrodude24 View Post
    Does both legs on the IBS drain well with out a check valve. I installed my kit from wakemaker earlier and just dont see how the port side drains empty own its own. I ve seen the post about lowes and home depots check valves on older boats. Just wondering what ever body else is doing
    I use the check valve on my IBS installs, it sucks everything down flat...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Tifton,GA Lake Blackshear, and Lake Cheehaw

What valve do you use?
    2015 Supra SG 450 Fire Red Metallic
    Wetsounds and MMATS
    2015 Mojo
    2014 LSV
    2006 Tahoe Q4sf

The ones from wakemakers....$13ish?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I installed the one from wakemakers on my Mondo today and gave it a try on the lake. I installed per the instructions from wakemakers and it doesn't completely empty. I had to fiddle with it a little but finally did get the water out. I wish they had told me about the check valve when I ordered everything. I even called to ask about the kit and make sure I didn't need anything else. I guess it works ok but since I have cut everything it may a bear putting the check valve in now. I am a little confused in the picture above. So the gray check valve is going to the hard tank? Or is that the vent heading out the side of the boat?
    thanks
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

I agree about wakemakers. I added check valves to my order. I still have to set up my bow ballast. With the ibs are you filling/draining from both legs? If so how does water drain from the opposite side. I am just going to throw my old 400s from the rear under the bow seats and t the vent line to each bag. I set the bags in the bow and they fit nicely. What is nice about this setup on the OBV is that i can slide the bags a little further back so they will fill much more.

Sent from my VS890 4G using Tapatalk
    1988 Ski Centurion Falcon
    2013 Moomba Outback V

Quote Originally Posted by gscharf View Post
    I agree about wakemakers. I added check valves to my order. I still have to set up my bow ballast. With the ibs are you filling/draining from both legs? If so how does water drain from the opposite side. I am just going to throw my old 400s from the rear under the bow seats and t the vent line to each bag. I set the bags in the bow and they fit nicely. What is nice about this setup on the OBV is that i can slide the bags a little further back so they will fill much more.

Sent from my VS890 4G using Tapatalk
    I considered using the 400's up front also. But I was worried about the port side draining. I wanted the 900's for surfing and decided to bite the bullet and go for the IBS single bag while I was ordering. It is the one piece sack and I only use the starboard side. It drained ok but there was a little water left in there after the timer turned off. I will have to work on the timing some more. The thing I noticed is they will fill faster than they will empty. Perhaps check valves will aid in all of them draining? I have been reading some more about the check valves and I guess I will be adding them. Everything does work the way it is and I was impressed with the guys at wakemakers also. Really nice and helpful and I guess it doesn't really hurt anything to have a little water left in there. My rear bags from the factory have never drained completely.

ibs2.jpg
    rear_900s.jpg
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

OK i'm in the process of trying to tie in my IBS. My questions is as follows... please refer to the pic.

I have sourced 2 brass check valves from my local hardware store for 2 reasons.... one because they are $12.00 vs 39.00 from wakemakers, plus the shipping from wakemakers kills any good deal. I can buy ballast bags from my local dealer way cheaper than from wakemakers. This is how i would install them....

1. take the vent line for the center hard tank and put a "T" in it. the one end of the T goes to the fill port on the IBS the other heads towards the thru hull for the centre tank
    2. install a T on the line headed to the thru hull with check Valve #1 situated so it can suck air when needed but no water can get out.
    3. the vent line from the IBS bag heads to the thru hull and connects to the main vent line after the first check valve.
    4. install check valve #2 right before the thru hull so that water and air can only exit not enter.

If i have this right it will suck the IBS dry then the one check valve will open and allow the centre tank to empty?

sound correct
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!

Default check valve for IBS on 14 LSV

With check valve #1 positioned like you list it, how would you ever vent water? Seems like a good way to flood your boat. Or maybe your drawing doesn't match your description.

I don't have a hard tank, so not sure what you have to do special, but even if you reversed the valves I would think you would suck air before the IBS emptied.
    Last edited by Woody929; 06-03-2014 at 04:56 PM.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

sorry ya the one check valve on the t should be pointed the other way. I was going off of the drawing that jstenger did with his inline check valve... i was just using the hardware store valves instead of the one from wakemakers...

So your thinking that the check valve will start letting air in before the IBS bag empties?
    2014 Mondo with da flow!!! Exile towers, stock everything else.... for now!