Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Ordering a 2014 Mojo...show me some color schemes...

Congrats to you! The A22 is a really nice boat, I'd love to get a chance to ride/drive one.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

The A22 throws a very nice wake .. I just couldn't get over the fact that the interior looked like a bunch of park benches wrapped in vinyl. and the boat felt small for a 22 ft. boat. I know ill never get to pro levels to ever need that kind of wake. 90 percent of riders wont either. But, to each his own .. congrats though .. what colors did ya end up with?
    fyi: the mojo takes TONS of weight to throw a surf wake. Its just a bigger boat . So I don't understand why you would have to dump anything.
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Glanzer,

We appreciate you considering the Mojo in your buying decision. I will follow-up with the dealer regarding this demo to see what setup he was using. The Mojo is normally delivers excellent performance, as many owners on this site can attest to. Enjoy your time on the lake, the season is upon us.

Rick Tinker

Default Ordering a 2014 Mojo...show me some color schemes...

Quote Originally Posted by Glanzer77 View Post

JUST BEING HONEST in what WE saw and experienced.
    If you took all that time to compare, why didn't you ride it? The wave you're getting looks nice, but has no push. But, to each his own.

Hope you have a fun summer.

I can understand some of your findings, and I hear you on the A22.

First and foremost I agree 100% on the Mojo wake board wave. I have yet to get mine to throw a sweet wake board wave unless I'm going 23mph.

As for the Surfing the boat, I can make a clean wave on both sides pretty easy, and its pretty good size stock, stock as in 650s and 500 hard tank.

Toss in the Flow now, Regular side doesn't matter all day its clean with everything full.
    Goofy side is a bit different and does require some fine tuning of the weight settings. < fair assessment >

I run my Mojo with some of the biggest ballast you can with the Flow and I have got some pretty decent results on both sides but it does take tweeking.

Axis A22 Surf Gate.

Not sure what weights they are running but I have always seen Axis run big weights and have heard a lot fo mixed reviews of the Surf Gate. I personally still haven't surfed one so i cant make the call on that.

Axis has always been known for clean wake board wakes from 17mph on up. Thats what it was designed for.
    Axis as a surf boat, I haven't heard a lot on the forums, or market on it. A few rumblings here and there.

I will say watching the Axis over the years and being in them at the boat show each year, they have gotten a lot nicer since they were introduced.

The most important thing is your happy with your purchase. You have to know each time you go out on the water that your in the best boat for you.

Happy you found what you are happy with, don't be a stranger here.
    Take it easy.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks for the words everyone....I honestly feel like I just put down my best hunting dog, we really LOVE Moomba and were ready to buy the MOJO, but it was a pretty easy choice when we saw the wake and surf wake "side by side".

I will always be a "No Worries" fan, but our choice was to go the Axis route.
    Yellow 2006 Moomba LSV
    Gravity III
    Perfect Pass
    3 Kids, 1 Wife, 2 Jobs!
    www.lakehausproductions.com
    www.livingonliquid.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    If you took all that time to compare, why didn't you ride it? The wave you're getting looks nice, but has no push. But, to each his own.

Hope you have a fun summer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glanzer77 View Post
    Thanks for the words everyone....I honestly feel like I just put down my best hunting dog, we really LOVE Moomba and were ready to buy the MOJO, but it was a pretty easy choice when we saw the wake and surf wake "side by side".

I will always be a "No Worries" fan, but our choice was to go the Axis route.

wonder if Glanzer's wife saw this, would she still think the Axis wave is better?

http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com/vi...hp?f=14&t=2460

Like I said, "to each his own." If you want to throw your 3 kids in a boat with no foam, have at it.

Wow!!! Can't say I'm surprised after sitting in an Axis though.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfeman131 View Post
    wonder if Glanzer's wife saw this, would she still think the Axis wave is better?

http://www.axiswakeboardboats.com/vi...hp?f=14&t=2460

Like I said, "to each his own." If you want to throw your 3 kids in a boat with no foam, have at it.
    Are you talking about the 2014 Axis that went for a swim, but sank?

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    Are you talking about the 2014 Axis that went for a swim, but sank?
    There may be more than one out there as the Axis boats don't have any flotation foam in their construction. I frequent a few forums, looking at what folks are doing for surfing and just read that post in amazement.