Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default LSV surf / wakeboard ballast set up?

I just received a couple of packages to begin the ballast upgrade on my "new to me" 08 LSV. I'm going to have an 1100#er in each rear locker, the center ski locker sac that came with my Gravity I system, and an IBS sac. I have a wake plate and gps perfect pass on the boat as well.

So, I'm looking for some good info on how to fill the sacks and adjust the wake plate for wakeboarding as well as surfing. Also, what kind of speeds work best. I've stumbled across a few previous threads but they're mostly a few years old. I figure there's probably some more boats with similar setups as well as some more time for guys to experiment.

Thanks
    Steve
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

I bought an '07 LSV in October. Just started surfing it in April. I upgraded the stock Gravity III to an 1000 lb port locker, and vented it along with an added vent in the stock locker bag. That set up surfs pretty good on standard side with just my wife driving. When I finally got a couple buddies on last weekend on the port side, it threw an awesome wake. I was running 10 mph on a paddlewheel speedo with perfect pass and the wake plate all the way up. When I drop the plate the pocket gets longer but it doesn't feel like it has good enough push. I wish the locker had more room. I don't really want an IBS because it takes up all my storage room up there. I also don't really want to fiddle with a bag and hand pump but may have to, or constantly make sure we bring human ballast to put up front.

I've got a really tall wake with lots of push with my set up now, and it may just be a lot of technique work on my part to be able to get further back. I'm 6'3" and 240lbs on a liquid force fish 5'6".
    2007 LSV

Oh, and I am sort of worried about adding too much more up front as the bow is already pretty low with the current set up. I hate swamping because then I have to dry the carpet, and it's a huge PITA.
    2007 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by ninedriver View Post
    I just received a couple of packages to begin the ballast upgrade on my "new to me" 08 LSV. I'm going to have an 1100#er in each rear locker, the center ski locker sac that came with my Gravity I system, and an IBS sac. I have a wake plate and gps perfect pass on the boat as well.

So, I'm looking for some good info on how to fill the sacks and adjust the wake plate for wakeboarding as well as surfing. Also, what kind of speeds work best. I've stumbled across a few previous threads but they're mostly a few years old. I figure there's probably some more boats with similar setups as well as some more time for guys to experiment.

Thanks
    Steve
    Think my 06 has the same hull as your 08, here is how I set mine up:
    surfing - I only surf on port side (regular). Fill my 1100 lbs sack on the port side and my center GIII sack. I also fill the old GIII port side sack with a portable pump and sit it on the port side rear seat. Wake plate all the way up (nose up) and PP set at about 10.5mph, sometimes I play a couple mph up or down depending on people in the boat.
    I have experimented with filling my starboard side GIII locker bag as well, don't think I noticed any difference, so don't normally do it to save strain on the engine/gas.

wakeboarding - I'm not a great jumper so usually only fill my GIII center sack, put the wakeplate at about 1/4 down and PP at about 18.5 - 20 mph. I also have to watch where the passengers are sitting and move them around if they shape the wake weird because they are all on one side or something.
    06 Mobius LSV, GIII (now with 1100 in the port locker), perfect pass, wakeplate
    Kicker KM10 Sub, dual batteries

How do you plug the old GIII sack? Mine has two ports fill/drain and would need something to keep the water from sloshing out...
    2007 LSV

Use one of these. It will allow you to let air out.

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-p...ting-w749.html

But you would be happier with cutting the (useless) cooler our of the regular side and putting that bag under the seats. Plumb it into the system. You can use a Y valve like the one below so you can use the pumps from the other side to fill and drain if you want.

http://www.wakemakers.com/bosworth-y-valve.html
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    Use one of these. It will allow you to let air out.

http://www.wakemakers.com/fly-high-p...ting-w749.html

But you would be happier with cutting the (useless) cooler our of the regular side and putting that bag under the seats. Plumb it into the system. You can use a Y valve like the one below so you can use the pumps from the other side to fill and drain if you want.

http://www.wakemakers.com/bosworth-y-valve.html
    Wondering what this dry carpet fad is?
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

The air release screw in fitting would be nice but the GIII bags just have a welded in quick connect. They don't thread out, so I can't change the fitting. Rained (then hailed) last Saturday on us. Got the boat off the water in time for a pop-up T-storm but could't make it to a cover in time. Fortunately no damage to boat except for soaked carpet.
    2007 LSV

It's glued and you can remove it..

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

I just looked up the how to video on wakemakers. Suhhhweet!
    2007 LSV