Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Beejwest

I understand your concerns with the 1100 rear and ski locker bag and now wanting the IBS.
    Problem 1 is you are prolly going a bit to slow in the boat.

Along with your heave rear bag set up and tall rampy wave, if you speed the boat up it will also add length to your wave, and that Pocket will get pushed back into the wave as well allowing you to have more push farther back.

2nd issue is the LQ Fish is a slower board for beginners, with a lighter faster board you will be able to surf better with your current setup. With the Fish you cant pump the board or work it back into the wave. its designed to just let you cruise and be forgiving of your mistakes as a newer rider.

Ninedriver when I had my 08 LSV we ran 1100 port, 300 ish star, ski locker and IBS and had a really nice wave at 11 mph. I want to say the tach read around 3300rpm.

I removed the cooler and tried a sac under it but i didn't like how the main panel was flexing under the weight. There is no bracing from your side panel to the floor under the cooler like the rest of the seating area.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Thanks! I have more research to do!
    2007 LSV

Just scooped up some Irritrol 700 valves, a Tsunami pump, and the fittings for my factory bag I pulled from the port locker. That should drop another 400lbs in the bow and allow me to fill faster in the back. I'll play with speed, wake plate, and ballast position Friday night.
    2007 LSV

Mmandley
    Thanks for the intel. That gives me a great starting point. I figured id need some weight in the starboard bag but had no clue as to how much.
    I also read somewhere that about a 60/40 weight distribution. Thoughts?
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Sunday was a good day, besides the capsized sailboat. I actually filled my 1000 lb port locker sac all the way up, the vents in all bags allowed me to get water instead of air in the front bag. Had 600 lbs human ballast and a full tank of gas.

I messed with ballast position, speed, and wake plate settings. Seems as though my best wake was about 10.5 with wake plate 1/2 down. I now have a longggg pocket with good push. I find as I get better on the board the pocket lengthens too. I went clear up to 11.5 mph and the wave was crazy long, but light on push. Someone smaller could surf it easy. I can raise the plate and get a HUGE rampy wake, but it's not real long, but it'll darn near shoot you into the back of my LSV. Now I want another board lol. I think I've got the basics, but my LF fish doesn't lock onto the wave really well. I want to try a bunch of boards.

Anyone know where I can test boards?
    2007 LSV

How is your center bag vented? I've never been able to get mine to vent the way my rear surf bag (750 does). I think it doesn't get full enough to push air through the check valve before it starts popping the ski locker door. Not sure what to do-- I want every bit I can get in the center. Might even add a 1/2 IBS up front to help a little. Can't afford the storage space for the whole thing.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

I added a port to the stock GIII bag, and then vented with a check valve from wakemakers. Then when I fill, I open the locker door and run the fill pump until water pours out of the vent. It still pops the door if I don't open it, but at least it's full of water instead of air. I can tell by how it feels and can actually push on bag and hear air burping through the check valve.
    2007 LSV

Default LSV surf / wakeboard ballast set up?

My center bag always pops the ski locker. It's tied into my IBS now so I just leave it popped up until the IBS is full and then empty a little to get the ski locker to close.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

When I added the third port, even with the 90° port, it adds another inch or two and pushes the door even further open. Worth the extra weight without air in there IMO.
    2007 LSV

I attached my vent line to the port all the way at the (top) front end of the bag. Doesn't do any good at all. I guess I need to cap that one and add a port where it will hit the ski locker door.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!