Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

What amps do you have powering your tower speakers currently?
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by MO-BS_405 View Post
    I've been looking at adding more speakers on my tower, possibly going with another brand. I have 2 wetsounds rev8's and 2 wetsounds pro 60's, they sound good but I want cleaner sound at high volume closer to the boat. I saw some prices on a hybrid package from exile that was hard to beat compared to what it's gunna cost me to keep adding wetsounds. And everyone around my area has wetsounds I want something different. If your running some exiles I would like to hear what you think, sound quality, overall finish, mounts ect.. Pros-cons. Thanks.
    Your on a Very Exile heavy Forum so most will tell you Exile is the way to go.

Ultimately I tell everyone go listen to both setups and let your ears tell you the one to pick.
    Now if your wallet is evolved then you need to set a budget and stay in it.

You have a few on here that will talk and talk and talk Exile into the dirt. That's ok everyone has their opinions.
    Very few on here no matter how much they don't like WS will not bash the brand.

When I first got into Boating and was ready to start upgrading i listened to WS and then Exile <there first year out> I loved the way Exile sounded better. Next bonus is they are Local to me so if I had an issue I knew where to kick the door in at.

Over the years I have always stayed Exile and its always been because of the Service provided. No other company I have dealt with is as good as Exile.

I have watched time and time again exile warranty speakers and amps that are out of warranty to keep a customer happy.

I have watched shipments come into the warehouse late because of manufacturing and customs and Exile spends the money out of their profits to over night gear to customers to make that order deadline.

The people at Exile take it serious, and treat each customer as family and will bend over backwards to make you the customer satisfied.

For those reason I buy Exile.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

They are clear at high volume don't get me wrong, RCA, wiring, amps all good. they just sound best at the 30-70ft range, I surf a lot, but more than anything I tie up and have some cold ones and crank the tunes. So I'm looking for a full range of sound closer to my boat.
    06 möbius lsv

They are clear at high volume don't get me wrong, RCA, wiring, amps all good. they just sound best at the 30-70ft range, I surf a lot, but more than anything I tie up and have some cold ones and crank the tunes. So I'm looking for a full range of sound closer to my boat.
    A single pair of larger 10" HLCD, driven by a single amp, would give you far deeper mid-bass for that near-field listening, than any number 8" HLCDs or coaxials. At the same time, you do not lose any wake-range projection as you would if you went to a complete coaxial setup. Far more economical then a 4 or 6 pod mix of HLCD and full-range coaxial and dual amps. Much more efficient in terms of battery draw for those long days at anchor. Lastly, that single amp will take less cabling to connect and less realestate to mount then the dual amps for a mix, would require.

So instead of adding more speakers, I would 1st drop the Pro60's, double check the tune for Rev-8's and you might be surprised at how warm they can be for those surf runs and party tie ups. Easing back on the gains, lowering the cross-over, adding a tad of bass and subtracting a sliver of treble at the head-unit is all thats needed to warm them up for a more surf oriented setup. Or, if you have dual EQ like the WS-420, you can make those fine adjustments right at the helm to only the tower setup, leaving the tune to the in-boats as it is.

At that point, if its not enough mid-bass balance, then sell the tower setup and apply it to a pair of larger HLCD's. You may even find a shop willing to offer some trade-in credit if the gear is still in good working and cosmetic condition.

exactly the reason I don't have rev8's. I have 4 icon8's and they sound great at party cove/surfing distances. can't really hear them at wakeboard range clearly but we spend 5% of our time boarding.

I would think you will have no issues peddling the wetsounds gear, and you should net almost enough to be a wash to go with 4 non-hlcd cans. question now is whether you go exile or wetsounds.

either way, I think you'll be happy..
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

Definately!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Chris H.
    2012 Mojo
    Wake Life

WS420sq,4 Rev8's,JL Amps,2-TypeR 12's,6-Interior Kicker, Green/White LED

Default Should I give exile a shot?

Exile STX9's have made me a happy man, even with 1 pair.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Brian at Exile has really helped me put together the system I wanted? Their customer service is fantastic - the best I have ever dealt with...
    KRiley
    2013 Moomba LSV
    Exile xm9s
    Exile Amps
    Exile sub

If your running some exiles I would like to hear what you think, sound quality, overall finish, mounts ect.. Pros-cons. Thanks.
    The Exile Pro's = It's not it's not WS and MLA cant sell it to ya.
    The Exile Cons = It's not it's not WS and MLA cant sell it to ya.

ok, sorry - I just couldn't resist... I swear, people ask about whatever brand and retailers come in slinging another one... "just to be helpful". MLA start your own thread man or at least answer the guys questions.

To the op: I'll shoot you some info...in a PM.

To all you guys that enjoy your Exile gear... It's great to hear!

Happy boating all.

-Brian

Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    The Exile Pro's = It's not it's not WS and MLA cant sell it to ya.
    The Exile Cons = It's not it's not WS and MLA cant sell it to ya.

I swear, people ask about whatever brand and retailers come in slinging another one...
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianinpdx View Post
    To the op: I'll shoot you some info...in a PM.
    LOL, equally deserving of busted chops. He does have a combo of wetsounds on the tower so it does make sense to address the current situation, maybe? ....... I just wanted in on the action too

IMO, I think the newer HLCD's will give you a warmer sound than what you have now. (Rev's and XM9s) The pro 60's are where the harshness is likely coming from.

Selling the Rev8's to get into an XM9 is a lateral swap. FWIW, Dusty had the hybrid setup and I thought it sounded great .... the 6 XM9's do sound even better, though

Both are great products.
    Last edited by KG's Supra24; 05-14-2014 at 06:05 PM.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded