Jamestown Ky, Lake Cumberland/Dale Hollow

Default How much is enough?

Looking at getting a kicker sub and amp put into the mondo. I know that "bigger is best" is always the case but cant get the wife on board when it comes to bass, Or to be exact a sub woofer. So my question is what do yall feel is a minimum wattage that someone would need to get decent bass sound out of the sub with out jarring the boat to death. I got a pair of xm9s and all exile cabin speakers all amped. To even it out what do you feel about a dx500.1 amp and a compR 12" sub? I know it is all about preference but there has to be a minimum right? The next option would be a 1000dx amp and a Comp VX 12" sub. Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by Jwredmon101; 05-16-2014 at 10:41 PM.
    1995 Moomba Boomerang-SOLD
    2008 Moomba Outback DD- SOLD
    2014 Moomba Mondo-SOLD
    2016 Moomba Craz

Default How much is enough?

Quote Originally Posted by Jwredmon101 View Post
    Looking at getting a kicker sub and amp put into the mondo. I know that "bigger is best" is always the case but cant get the wife on board when it comes to bass, Or to be exact a sub woofer. So my question is what do yall feel is a minimum wattage that someone would need to get decent bass sound out of the sub with out jarring the boat to death. I got a pair of xm9s and all exile cabin speakers all amped. To even it out what do you feel about a dx500.1 amp and a compR 12" sub? I know it is all about preference but there has to be a minimum right? The next option would be a 1000dx amp and a Comp VX 12" sub. Thanks in advance!
    I have the opposite problem, the sub is by far my wife's favorite part

Sent from my iPhone
    David

2017 Moomba Mojo Max Surf Edition, 2 Pair Wetsounds Rev10s powered by an SD2, 6 pair Wetsounds XS650M and Wetsounds XS12 powered by SD6 all controlled by a WS420. 2 Lumitec SeaBlaze X2 Spectrum underwater lights

SOLD***2008 Mobius LSV, Gravity III , Wake Plate, Z5, Exile SX65c's, Exile XM9s, Exile XI12D, Exile Javelin, Exile 30.2***SOLD

For a 500W rms amp, the Kicker Comp S or CompVR is a better match at a 300W rms. For a 1000W rm amp, the Comp R or CompVX is the better match with its 800 rms/1600 peak.

Honestly, a 10" driven with 250W rms is all it takes to fill in those missing low notes and add balance. Bit there are may people that want more bass and its easier to turn it down then turn it up. The better system is the one thats not always pushed to its limits.