Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

If ur trying to stay on a budget I would sell the pro 60s and add a second set of rev8's. Make sure they are powered properly and have them tuned by someone who knows what they're doing so you get a good sound quality out of them. If you're just tired of what you have and want to make a change I don't think you can go wrong with kicker, exile, bullet, etc.

If you want to be different I'm sure Oklahoma is about the same as Texas, dominated by Wetsounds, go exile or bullet. I've never seen a boat with exile speakers outside of the Texas Jam. When I had my bullets I never saw another boat on the water with them.
    -2012 Supra Launch 21V
    -2008 Mobius LSV

Default Should I give exile a shot?

Man this thread derailed.....
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Quote Originally Posted by Cigars n scotch View Post
    Man this thread derailed.....
    But very entertaining
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Pretty much any thread that asked about Tower speakers or talks about tower speakers will derail LOL.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Tower speaker thread derailed by tower speaker options

I think Mike's answers were most on topic, though. In short ....

Quote Originally Posted by MO-BS_405 View Post
    If your running some exiles I would like to hear what you think, sound quality, overall finish, mounts ect.. Pros-cons. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    When I first got into Boating and was ready to start upgrading i listened to WS and then Exile <there first year out> I loved the way Exile sounded better.
    Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I have watched time and time again exile warranty speakers and amps that are out of warranty to keep a customer happy.
    That kinda answers sound quality, overall finish, and mounts. Not sure what Mike liked more about Exile over WS in sound quality but it's worth noting that each brand has made revisions since that time. Mike nailed it, go listen to both and determine what you like. I personally don't find a ton of sound difference in normal usage so if you are just looking for a different "look", I don't think it plays a huge role.

Pro: you get a different look
    Con: you waste your investment in the Rev8's.
    2016 Moomba Mojo
    2006 Supra 24SSV - Traded

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    You might waste some of your investment, but likely not all -- I'm sure there would be plenty of suitors for his used Rev8s. How's that saying go......one man's trash is another man's treasure.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Quote Originally Posted by KG's Supra24 View Post
    Tower speaker thread derailed by tower speaker options

I think Mike's answers were most on topic, though. In short ....

That kinda answers sound quality, overall finish, and mounts. Not sure what Mike liked more about Exile over WS in sound quality but it's worth noting that each brand has made revisions since that time. Mike nailed it, go listen to both and determine what you like. I personally don't find a ton of sound difference in normal usage so if you are just looking for a different "look", I don't think it plays a huge role.

Pro: you get a different look
    For me when i listened to WS it was Pro 60, Pro 80 and I think the big double up pod is the Revolution but it was the older style. I personally just felt they always screamed, no real depth in the sound. Also at the time they were permanent mount only.

I also choose Exile due to the quick release option.
    This is an option on both Exile and WS at this time.

As for time owning the speakers.

Over Time the XM7s did have a UV issue where the speakers would fade and turn a golden color. Exile warrantied anyone that had this issue.

Also with the XM9 they had a batch that had this issue, same warranty replaced.

Mounts and Clamps, the newest stuff out is the best, it has a better chrome plating and lasts better over time. Also the quick release mount has changed in material to allow it to not wear out or have other issues.

When I had my LSV I ran the same mounts <clamps> for 3 years and never had any issues with them. When I would upgrade I sold my speakers with brand new clamps from my new speaker I purchased.

Now fast forward today, If I purchased a boat with factory WS would I take them down and sell them? Possibly because I prefer Exile the company due to them being local and I'm a brand loyalist.

Do I think one brand is truly better between Exile and WS? No I actually don't. When I hear WS on the lake now I think no difference in sound quality, I think maybe they need to be tuned different or its the setup but I don't think one brand is that better then the other.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

For me when i listened to WS it was Pro 60, Pro 80 and I think the big double up pod is the Revolution but it was the older style. I personally just felt they always screamed, no real depth in the sound. Also at the time they were permanent mount only.

I also choose Exile due to the quick release option.
    This is an option on both Exile and WS at this time
    Wet Sounds has offered a releasing clamp, since i think the 2nd year of the Pro-80. I know its been available since 07 at least. They are now on their 3rd generation with the latest allowing not only the speaker leads to pass through the clamp, but also 4 conductors for RGB LEDs. This design still allows for rotation of the pod. They also include rubber insulators to protect the tower finish.

The Pro series were very aggressive, since they where voiced for 80+ feet. With the release of the REV series, thats a thing of the past. This is why the Pro-60 and the double-up have been discontinued from their lineup. The REV series is voiced @ 3ft.

Default Should I give exile a shot?

Quote Originally Posted by MLA View Post
    Wet Sounds has offered a releasing clamp, since i think the 2nd year of the Pro-80. I know its been available since 07 at least. They are now on their 3rd generation with the latest allowing not only the speaker leads to pass through the clamp, but also 4 conductors for RGB LEDs. This design still allows for rotation of the pod. They also include rubber insulators to protect the tower finish.

The Pro series were very aggressive, since they where voiced for 80+ feet. With the release of the REV series, thats a thing of the past. This is why the Pro-60 and the double-up have been discontinued from their lineup. The REV series is voiced @ 3ft.
    Makes sense my pro80's do seem aggressive but I don't have anything to compare them too. I've never heard the newer WS or any Exile .
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

Default Re: Should I give exile a shot?

I've been extremely pleased with my upgrade to xm9s from the hybrid setup powered by 30.2 amps. I'm not near technical enough to get into the above convo, but I do know i love what I hear when I have my stereo on. Exile has given me great customer service, Brian has been quick to offer me help anytime I have needed it. I do not think you would regret your choice at all.

And I cant post without this pic...!
    2006 Supra 20 - Sold
    2006 Supra 24 Gravity Games - Sold
    2015 Supra SE450 - Sold