Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

In my OBV the other drain is in the cabin under one of the plastic hatches, I would guess its the same for the LSV.
    Mike

2013 Outback V
    - ballast: 900# rears / 400# center / 650# IBS
    - audio: Exile SXT9Q x 2 towers / Kicker KM65 x 6 cabins / Xi 12 sub / Javelin & XM15.4 amps / ZLD
    - FAE
    - DIY suckgate

2003 SeaRay 182 -- gone but not forgotten...

Default Just bought a 2004 Moomba Mobius XLV. Steering, bilge, and water intrusion issues.

I thought they all had 2... I usually just pull my center one when it's not in the water and leave the transom one in place.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

As for Drain plugs, Moomba didn't start using the Center on V drives till 10.

For collecting that much water in your Bilge, most likely 1 of 2 things.

1 your shaft seal is bad and leaking a lot, they can have a steady stream of water leaking through if its bad running or not.
    2 if you have no ballast bags then you have a check valve open and since the V drive is lower then the water line it will siphon through and fill the boat.
    When the boat is at rest the ski locker is lower.

The XLV have a little cooler, in the floor, thats what I call them cause you can load it up with ice and beer LOL. Not positive if there is a drain plug in it but I think it just drains to Bilge.

Trust me if you forgot a center drain plug you would be under water in a hour.

Look in the V drive area and you should see 2 brass Valves, one on Port <main water inlet> one on Starboard < ballast pumps > close the ballast system off if your not using it.

Being in Texas if your block was cracked i think you would have over heating issues.
    I have had days where I see my ballast run a lot, when people are in and out, dog jumping in and out.

Water up to the top of the V drive is an issue though.

I wouldn't worry about the fluids too much, check them for milky or grey in color.

You have multiple port holes on the sides, due to the integrated ballast, this is the drain ports for the bags. Depending on how many bags the boat had, 3 is normal you will have one on each side in the rear, and one Starboard nose just past your windshield.

You get 2 in the rear because of the ballast.

Congratz on the boat and welcome to the forum.
    Last edited by mmandley; 05-13-2014 at 11:49 AM.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Wow fellas, great info here.

I looked under the boat this morning and I couldn't find a center drain, so I think mmandley is correct, transom only. Thanks to everyone else for the advice. First thing I am going to check tonight are those brass valves to the ballast system. I will also be replacing the bilge pump (if I can find it) and maybe fill up the bilge with a garden hose to see if I can ID any leaks. Good point about using the ballast sys as a bilge. Maybe I can add a T fitting with a valve.

Just had my garage door raised 2 feet to accommodate the boat, but I wasn't able to get it in last night because I didn't have the right hex head for the rad-a-cage bolt. It sat out in the rain, covered, but water still got in. Spent this morning draining the bilge via the transom plug. It was so heavy with water it bottomed out slightly while putting in the garage. Frustrating! Was able to drain out most of it and get it in with no other issues.

I will also check the fluids levels and conditions. I don't think it's cracked either, temp and oil pressure we spot on the entire time and responded appropriately with power settings.

Again, thanks for all the helpful advice. Looks like I found a great forum!
    2014 Mojo

Let us know what you find.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

I sure will..thanks.

Just remembered, I'm also having an issue with the wake plate, which is not moving, stuck in a porpoise position. Checked the fluid quickly (I was late for work) and it looked about 1/2 full, not sure if that's enough. I will use a 12V tester to see if it is getting power, but didn't know if there was something obvious that I am missing that someone may know of.

Seems like this boat has some issues but I got it for a steal! and only 250 hours. I think it was parked in a garage, winterized for a couple of years up until about 3 months ago.
    2014 Mojo

You're just about overdue for some pics of this bad boy. Let's see 'em!
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

not sure whatI'm doing wrong, but when i try to upload pics it gives me an error with an exclamation point, file is small, so its not that...hmm.
    2014 Mojo

See if that looks better.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OJT23 View Post
    I sure will..thanks.

Just remembered, I'm also having an issue with the wake plate, which is not moving, stuck in a porpoise position. Checked the fluid quickly (I was late for work) and it looked about 1/2 full, not sure if that's enough. I will use a 12V tester to see if it is getting power, but didn't know if there was something obvious that I am missing that someone may know of.

Seems like this boat has some issues but I got it for a steal! and only 250 hours. I think it was parked in a garage, winterized for a couple of years up until about 3 months ago.
    You Will want the fluid level full on the wake plate, and when you hit the switch the little pump should kick on. If not start tracking it back or jump 12V to the pump to test it.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]