Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thank you everyone. Decided to do the easy stuff first...

I took the cap off the wake plate reservoir and found a cut red wire. Also, the wiring was being pinched by the cover so I rerouted the wires properly and butt connected the red wire and siliconed the butt connection to waterproof it. the wake plate now moves as it should but the indicator doesn't! I wonder why the red wire was cut, it looks like someone cut it with a wire cutter. It wasn't cut due to the pinch.

Anyway the new bilge pump also works fine, the old one was just gummed up. Tried just plugging it in and it worked fine. Now getting to the bottom of the bilge with my hands twsted between the engine belt is going to stink. It looks like the bottom part of the bilge pump casing is glued to the floor, not screwed...is that common? I may just try to use the old base and snap in the new upper pump casing and screen. All I'd have to do then is connect the drain tube.

Still haven't gotten to test the ballast valves for a leak, but I'll troubleshoot tomorrow.

Glad I'm making some progress!

Thanks again for your advice and responses.
    2014 Mojo

Good for you. Nothing like learning your way around your boat yourself. There's nothing all that complicated. Just a bunch of little systems that all work together to make fun. Lots of help around here when you get stuck.
    My Mom said I'm not allowed to get wet!
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Very true very true. Replaced/repaired everything I mentiOned and I think I found the source of water. The brass shutoff valve to the ballast system was only partially closed. Got it all the way off and we'll see what happens tomorrow.
    2014 Mojo

kane...7 ballast pumps?? Could you elaborate as to how they're being used? If you've done a ballast install thread, I must have missed it. I'm in the process of upgrading the ballast on my 08 LSV and I'm always looking for ideas.
    Thanks

And OJT23, keep up posted on what you find out. It'll help out everyone. Also, lets see some pics!
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

I have the original Rule pump on a T with another Rule pump that both go to the manifold (which I have modified twice). Right now it fills the center (floor) bag and/or the 400 under the seats. I added a 3/4" through hull inlet last year and then another 1" one this year. One has a Tsunami pump with a check valve and goes to one end of the surf bag. The other one is set up the same way with my third Rule pump and goes to the other end of the surf bag. I still have my original 3 drain pumps draining the bags. I only run the center, the 400 under the seats and the 750 in the rear on the surf side. It takes about 5 min. to fill everything and surf. Closer to 8 min. to empty everything but no hurry as we usually have at least a 10 min. cruise back to the ramp.

There are usually 7-10 of us on board. So I can fill the center only to wakeboard and it gives plenty. If I have a real good rider I can run about 400 in the 750 bag and balance that with people opposite it. Usually more weight up front is all you need for wakeboarding. We also have no goofy surfers. That helps a lot with storage. I keep the cooler and everything else in the starboard rear locker.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 05-19-2014 at 11:43 AM.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by kaneboats View Post
    I keep the cooler and everything else in the starboard rear locker.
    So approx 400lbs beer ballast in that corner
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

How much does a keg weigh anyway?
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!

Can't wait to put some bags in my xlv. For now, still trying to figure out where this water is coming from. Turns out the handle that was not full closed wasn't the issue. I assume when the handle is perpendicular to the hose then it's closed?

Anyway. I'll check the exhaust hose clamps tomorrow, then the speedo pickup. Has anyone ever tried to shoot water up against different accessory lines on the hull with a water hose to see where a leak could be coming from? I wonder if there's a suction cup type tool that can do this.

Sorry about the pictures. Tried posting some on this thread but can't get it to work. I'll try again! Oh, I posted some pics on my pic album if you want to see my boat.

I'll keep you posted on what I find.
    2014 Mojo

If you don't have one of these you should get one.

http://www.amazon.com/Seasense-In-Bo...ds=fake+a+lake
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

You can make one for about $6. Do a search on "plunger" for instructions.
    2008 LSV (sold)
    2000 Outback LS (sold)
    LLTR!!!!!!!!