Default South Carolina Upstate Boat Show

Has anybody been yet? Was thinking about taking the boys tonight. The car show usually sucks, so I'm not sure I wanna spend $25 + parking to get in there for a 5 minute walk-around...
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '06 Yamaha FZ1 & 6 dirtbikes for me & my kids
    '99 BMW 528it
    '06 Chevy Express 3500 (15 passenger)

Ouch. Our boat show is $10 admission, but they have 2 for 1 coupons that are easy to get. And the weekdays they have free parking after 5pm. I had my boat insurance agent get me a comp ticket too, so I did my boat show for free and my buddy found someone to pair up with for the 2-for-1.

We spent a lot of time crawling over the new boats and had some great conversations with the Centurion dealer and the Pavati dealer.
    2008 Moomba Mobius XLV. Monster Cargo Bimini, WS Rev 410's, Polk Cabins, 3 Infinity Subs, PPI amps, WS420, Exile BT, upgraded ballast pumps, up to 3,500+ pounds of ballast, Blue LED's...
    1992 Supra Sunsport. **SOLD** 2k pounds ballast, Surf System, Blue LED's everywhere, decent audio system.
    Tow Rig: 2013 F150 Ecoboost FX4 (wife's rig) Other money pits include:1998 BMW M3 Cabriolet, 2009 Audic A6 Avant 3.0T, 2005 Kawasaki ZX-6R 636.
    www.TraysonsToybox.com

and how is chuck??
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

I looked around, but no discount tickets were available... It is a pretty small show, but they had a decent amount of skiboats. I still can't fathom nearly $200k for a Mastercraft!?! Insane... IMO, Moomba's by far the best deal out there for bang-for-your-buck. Thank you Skier's Choice! Checked out some Axis a little bit and Malibu's, Tige didn't have their biggest boat there, but a few other models, Natique and Mastercraft. Oh, and Gekko? Never heard of them before, but they were about the same price as a Moomba and smaller. Didn't spend much time looking at them. quite a few jetskis and lots of bass boatas and pontoons. One of my fav's was a new tri-toon with a 300 Merc on EACH of the outer tubes!?! Yup, a 600hp pontoon, complete with tower and power wine rack!?! It was bad! They also had a bunch of wood Chris-Crafts, one was a 1939. Pretty cool. Great "guys evening" with the boys
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

loved the twin300hp tooners. saw one ly. guy said it radar'ed at something like 89mph. crazy.

lots of talk about gekko on the tigeforums. didn't realize they are based out of minnesota, but basically a brand around in the early-mid 2000's. went bankrupt. trying to come back. there's a few dealers around that have some boats but not many being sold. pricepoint seems to be inline with the moomba/axis lines. their boats at longer than 21ft also include the integrated swim platform so they are more like an 18-19ft since the platform is molded. they will fall outside most private lakes with size limits-the one benefit to a sub20ft inside boat due to the molded platform having to be included in length since it's part of the boat and not removable. betting they are back in bankruptcy within 2-3 years.

thanks for the info. In looking at them, I sure didn't find them impressive. Like you said, looked small for the size.
    '00 Moomba Kamberra
    '99 BMW 528it

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    but basically a brand around in the early-mid 2000's. went bankrupt. trying to come back. there's a few dealers around that have some boats but not many being sold. pricepoint seems to be inline with the moomba/axis lines. their boats at longer than 21ft also include the integrated swim platform so they are more like an 18-19ft since the platform is molded. they will fall outside most private lakes with size limits-the one benefit to a sub20ft inside boat due to the molded platform having to be included in length since it's part of the boat and not removable. betting they are back in bankruptcy within 2-3 years.
    Agreed! Not really a fan nor was I before they big the big one the first time. And their wake looks weak. Unless they were able to come in at a price point well below anybody else I don't think they have a chance.

2007 Moomba Outback - going, going, GONE
    2015 "NOT A MOOMBA"

Why Not? Play Hard! Get wet

40k all day, they would sell