Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: IBS not Filling

Default IBS not Filling

Not necessarily, just looking at that drawing it seems like the flow is wrong. Most of us go from the vent on the center to the fill of the IBS. That ensures the center is full first. You only need the valve if you don't want to fill the IBS. This drawing might work, it just looks suspect to me.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Default IBS not Filling

I'm thinking with everything I had already done, the bosworth would be the way to go, I've sent spencer at wakemakers an email, I'll see what he says

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

I think what someone said was right. It looks like the center bag will fill and start venting before the IBS fill because the straight path is to the center bag. Looks like very little water would get pushed to the IBS because most of the flow will go straight to the center bag. Without some way to redirect the flow, like the bothworth valve, I don't see this setup working very well.

You will have to adjust your timers though regardless of how you fill it. I have mine like most people running the fill line straight to the center bag, vent from the center bag to the fill on the IBS, and then the vent from the IBS to the through hull vent. That has worked really well for me and is actually an easier setup.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Default IBS not Filling

I heard people running it from the vent, but spencer recommended this stuff. It looked like changing the timer is a pita because I don't have digital cruise pro(planning on having it this summer). After that then I will probably changed my fill times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

I'm curious about this setup as well. Apparently, the center sack will fill first but since the thru hull vent is higher relative to the IBS, the IBS should then begin filling from the third leg on the 'T' prior to either bag venting over board. Something to do with physics and fluid dynamics... I'm about to undergo the same install and I received the same instructions from the wakemakers gang. I'm not sure what the pros/cons would be vs attaching the IBS fill from the center sack vent??...
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Quote Originally Posted by ninedriver View Post
    I'm curious about this setup as well. Apparently, the center sack will fill first but since the thru hull vent is higher relative to the IBS, the IBS should then begin filling from the third leg on the 'T' prior to either bag venting over board. Something to do with physics and fluid dynamics... I'm about to undergo the same install and I received the same instructions from the wakemakers gang. I'm not sure what the pros/cons would be vs attaching the IBS fill from the center sack vent??...
    Well looks like I'll have to get the bosworth, I would probably do what everyone else is saying by using the vent line.
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Quote Originally Posted by rca View Post
    I think what someone said was right. It looks like the center bag will fill and start venting before the IBS fill because the straight path is to the center bag. Looks like very little water would get pushed to the IBS because most of the flow will go straight to the center bag. Without some way to redirect the flow, like the bothworth valve, I don't see this setup working very well.

You will have to adjust your timers though regardless of how you fill it. I have mine like most people running the fill line straight to the center bag, vent from the center bag to the fill on the IBS, and then the vent from the IBS to the through hull vent. That has worked really well for me and is actually an easier setup.
    + one on the factory vent to ibs then ibs vent to check valve then out hull.
    '06 Outback - Gone but not forgotten
    '13 Mojo