Thread: LSV or OBV

Default LSV or OBV

I know this has came up before but...we are looking to upgrade from our 08 OB DD, we have been looking at LSVs but the OBV is closer to our price range. The reason for the change is for more room. and my question is...how much extra floor room does the LSV have vs the OBV?

Sent from the lake
    2008 Outback<-----SOLD
    2009 Mobius LSV

A lot... It's a big difference between the OBV and LSV...
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

Quote Originally Posted by aapwayneo2001 View Post
    I know this has came up before but...we are looking to upgrade from our 08 OB DD, we have been looking at LSVs but the OBV is closer to our price range. The reason for the change is for more room. and my question is...how much extra floor room does the LSV have vs the OBV?

Sent from the lake
    Seating is 4 inches higher in the LSV, that means all your storage is deeper.
    Cubby is almost 50% bigger
    Nose is 50% bigger
    Width is about 6 inches.
    Ohh yea and then you have Length.

Generally an LSV is about 5-7K more then an OB.

If you can't find an LSV in your price range then Wait 1 more year, or till the end of Summer and the prices will come down.

When we went to buy our first boat we sat in the OBV first, then in the LSV and we bought the LSV.

Its pretty comparable to say the size difference between those two are similar to the size difference in the LSV to the Mojo
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

How about the surf wake? We have found an 07 &10 LSV that we like and I'm not sure of the difference between the models if there is one

Sent from the lake
    2008 Outback<-----SOLD
    2009 Mobius LSV

I have an 06 OBV, I really enjoy my boat, but I will tell you, Go with the LSV! there is no replacement for Displacement!
    You will be able to hold more weight (ballast) and like said before, the boat is bigger. Since we just bought our boat at the end of summer last year, I am in no rush to go get into another boat. We got ours at a decent price, and it is a good platform to do a little bit of everything! Honestly if I won the lottery and could upgrade, I would have no idea on what i would get next, cuz there are so many good boats out there...
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

I picked up a 2006 LSV a couple months ago, was not really looking to upgrade from my Stingray but could not beat the price and condition. I have always watched the Moomba brand but never really thought of owning one. Have only had the boat on the water once and so far I am very happy with my decision on the LSV. We always have small kids in the boat and I liked how the LSV has a deeper freeboard and with the larger capacity was a no brainer for the long run. If I remember right the LSV changed in 2008? so the 07 and 10 you are looking at will be slightly different. I'm only a novice so maybe one of the experts can chime in on the differences.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

I just upgrade to a 06 LSV. I haven't had it on the water yet but while working on the radio/amp I was able to sit inside the cubby with the door closed. It' a big difference in size/storage from the New outback(Old pre-06 LSV) to the +06 LSV....
    http://www.instgram.com/jlyons30
    2002 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2006 Moomba Mobius LSV - Sold
    2017 Moomba Craz - Enzos, Lead

If it is room you are after, go with the LSV.

I have the 2009 OBV and it feels too crowded with 6 people.

Thanks for all the info looks like we will be going lsv

Sent from the lake
    2008 Outback<-----SOLD
    2009 Mobius LSV