Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Fuel Filter question

Hello all,

I'm in the middle of 'summerizing' my LSV as well as tackle a laundry list of mods. I'm wanting to change out the fuel filter and I noticed mine is a 'Mercury Mercruiser PN 35-864572' inline type filter. Since this boat is recently "new to me" I'm not sure when the filter was last replaced and if this is the correct filter? Does that sound like the correct filter for an Assault 325?
    Also, I see some guys going to a fuel/water separator type filter.....thoughts?

Thanks
    Steve
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

1/2" inlet and 1/2" outlet filter from any auto parts store.
    2005 Mobius LSV
    325 EFI

i went to west marine to buy one a few years go..they looked at me like i was crazy when i told them the 1/2"..went to my buddys shop and they got the number off of it and i went to a car parts store and picked one up..like said before, as long as its 1/2" your good
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Default Fuel Filter question

I have always gotten mine from ski dim but now that I know I can get from an auto parts store in a pinch that's awesome!
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

I used a WIX 33299. That's what was in the boat and what I replaced it with. O'Reilly's auto about $12
    2008 LSV on the way out
    '17 CRAZ!!! on the way in

Awesome, thanks for the replys guys! I'm liking the $10-12 down the road option vs the $40-50 mercruiser one. I was hoping something from Napa would work but this being my first boat I just wanted to be sure.
    2008 Mobius LSV
    1100#er's in the lockers
    ski locker sac
    IBS
    Johnson reversibles
    3 vent heater (which my family loves)

Seeing all of you that owned or still own 08 LSV’s I’m hoping for help!

Had what I think is my first vapor lock. Owned the boat since January. Put maybe 25 hours on it in total just passed 400. Haven’t had any issues but it stalled a couple times after a start and idle (after being out on the water for a while with no issues) was able to get it started back up and never had issues the rest of the day. Not sure when fuel filter was replaced last. I see the WIX part at oreilly. Where is the fuel filter located and how do you replace it? Can’t find anything in manual. Must disconnect battery first? And simply take out old and install new? And make sure no gas drips into bilge? Thanks in advance for any help!
    2008 Moomba Mobius LSV Gravity Games Edition

Running the blower might help with heat buildup especially after you’ve been running for a while and shut it off.

On my 08 outback v the fuel filter was forward of the v drive on the starboard side stringer iirc (it’s been a while but I feel like it was in that area). Just follow the fuel lines from the fuel rails and you’ll find it. No need to disconnect the battery, just leave everything turned off.
    2018 Murder Max
    2008 Outback V-Bought new; sold in 2018

I have also been experiencing what I think is vapor lock this summer. I have had the boat 11 years with no issues until a couple trips ago. Mine is a 2006 Launch 21V. The last trip after running the boat in the morning and then hanging out in a cove for awhile I cracked the hatch and then ran the blower for awhile and had zero issues. I have also heard of people wrapping a cold towel around the fuel pump or even spraying it with cold water. I haven't tried that yet, but will next time if we have a problem. Good luck!
    2006 Supra Launch 21V