Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    I have marks on my white tower from them spinning in to far and contacting the tower. Has anyone else had this problem? The dealer sent me touch paint since one side was like it when I picked it up. Planning on running the season then dealing with it in the fall.
    I had this issue with my replacement swivel board racks (installed by dealer). The reason for this is because half of the swivel board rack assembly was installed on the wrong side of the tower. Once you remove the section that pivots and swap to the other side of the tower you will not have this problem. Let me know if you need me to post up a pic, but I think once you take it apart you will see what needs to be done. Its an easy fix. My tower got dinged up too, which I wasn't too thrilled about....
    2013 LSV

Quote Originally Posted by 13mobiusLSV View Post
    update for the guys with the plate self adjusting. Just got off the phone with the dealer, and believes the plate could be self adjusting when placing the boat in neutral. I guess it's a problem with supra's right now as well. I'm going out sunday and monday and I can let you know if I can reproduce the problem. I've tried countless other things to try and reproduce it, but can't seem to catch it, and this is one I haven't tried (or at least caught in the act)

nick
    My 2013 LSV does this as well. If this is something that occurs only when put into neutral, is this a "problem", or has the manufacturer "designed" the wakeplate to reset to the down position when the boat is put into neutral to help the boat get on plane quicker once back underway? This is just a thought, I am not aware of when mine actually adjusts, I have just noticed my wakeplate being in the down position several times without me manually putting it there.
    2013 LSV

update:

spent all morning at the dealer today for 25 hr service and a few odds/ins for warranty stuff and we got SC on the phone in regards to the wakeplate self adjusting. It seems to be a growing problem and they are learning as we provide them information via the dealer. You have a few scenarios depending on the equipment you have. Back in your back left corner where your pumps are (or were for those of you who have relocated them) there is a PDM (power dist. module) that controls your plate. There are two software loads 33 and 34. If you have load 33 you SHOULD be able to remedy the problem be resetting the breaker just to the left (port) of the engine. Trip that breaker and do not reset it for 8-10 minutes. Basically they call it a hard reset and should fix the problem. Like I said though they are still troubleshooting this fix. For the guys with the 34 load (and you will know by a sticker thats placed right on the front of the PDM), my understanding is that is a bad load and they will replace the whole module. They can troubleshoot the module by hooking up a computer to it and running a self check on it, but alot of the dealers don't have the accessories for it because it isn't a cheap tool and for it having only one specific use they couldn't justify the purchase. I had load 33, so they just tripped the breaker, and unfortunately for me I won't be back out on the water for 1-2 weeks with work, so I can't report back very soon.

hope this helps,

Nick
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

I sure am glad I saw this thread. I'm having some wakeplate issues as well. I didn't notice it much last year but since we've started surfing I can see that my wakeplate is self adjusting very frequently. I've been surfing regular the past few outings and I've actually seen the gauge move and felt the wave change... I yell it to my wife and she gets upset because she knows she just set it. Occasionally I've noticed that the gauge doesn't always read that it's moved as well. I'll see which load I have...
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Default a few questions for the experts

Well, looks like 34 is my unlucky #...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2022 Moomba Mojo
    2013 Moomba Mojo 2.5 (sold)

Tow - 2019 Ford F150 Ecoboost

Default a few questions for the experts

Quote Originally Posted by patrick232 View Post
    I have marks on my white tower from them spinning in to far and contacting the tower. Has anyone else had this problem? The dealer sent me touch paint since one side was like it when I picked it up. Planning on running the season then dealing with it in the fall.
    Same issue here. Was told it IS a recall item that dealer can handle with ease. Check with your local dealer.

2012 Mojo

another update:

I went out last friday for the first time since the "hard reset" on the breaker to the PDM. No idea if it is coincidence or the situation getting worse, but my wakeplate was more erratic that day than the previous 4 combined. I actually caught it moving several times but would then try and reproduce it with that same action (either by steering for throttle input) and would not have any luck at getting it to trigger again. In addition to that now the gauge seems to be malfunctioning. It will re calibrate itself and have a new "up" position on the wakeplate display/guage. At one point the "up" position was where "down" is at and the wakeplate full down was roughly 5:00 o'clock on the gauge. It will re calibrate itself off of key cycles (it happened when switching riders and shutting off the engine). Every few key cycles it would re calibrate correctly to where the true full up position should be from the manufacturer. I called the dealer and they asked me to send a detailed email that they could forward onto the engineers at SC. They told me to bring the boat up for troubleshooting but really had no guarantee on how to fix it. I'm currently shy of a 2 hour drive from them so I'm just going to keep taking more notes to pass onto them and wont go back until I can get more of a concrete solution to the problem. Of course we are headed out for 4 day weekend to dale hollow thursday as these problems continue to get worse.
    2013 Moomba Mobius LSV
    345 HP Surf Motor
    EXILE SXT9's, ZLD
    SUMO 900s, 500 IBS, Flow

2009 F-150 FX4 Supercrew

Quote Originally Posted by 13mobiusLSV View Post
    another update:

I went out last friday for the first time since the "hard reset" on the breaker to the PDM. No idea if it is coincidence or the situation getting worse, but my wakeplate was more erratic that day than the previous 4 combined. I actually caught it moving several times but would then try and reproduce it with that same action (either by steering for throttle input) and would not have any luck at getting it to trigger again. In addition to that now the gauge seems to be malfunctioning. It will re calibrate itself and have a new "up" position on the wakeplate display/guage. At one point the "up" position was where "down" is at and the wakeplate full down was roughly 5:00 o'clock on the gauge. It will re calibrate itself off of key cycles (it happened when switching riders and shutting off the engine). Every few key cycles it would re calibrate correctly to where the true full up position should be from the manufacturer. I called the dealer and they asked me to send a detailed email that they could forward onto the engineers at SC. They told me to bring the boat up for troubleshooting but really had no guarantee on how to fix it. I'm currently shy of a 2 hour drive from them so I'm just going to keep taking more notes to pass onto them and wont go back until I can get more of a concrete solution to the problem. Of course we are headed out for 4 day weekend to dale hollow thursday as these problems continue to get worse.
    Welcome to the club..............
    2018 ?????
    2013 LSV Exiled (Sold)
    2006 LSV (Sold)

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    I will start paying attention when i goto Neutral as well.
    think that's when it happens, but I don't think my plate actually moves, just the gauge
    Hey, Its Moomba time

Its all about the dash - enjoy the dash, as that is your time between the dates
    13 Mobius LSV-sold
    08 Mobius LSV-sold
    03 Mobius LSV-sold
    life is about finding the balance between being a responsible adult and staying young at heart

I will look into this first thing Tuesday. We updated the Moomba plate to work like the Supra Smart plate, in that if you went to neutral, it would set at 100% down for take off and fast planning. But it should return to your setting. Will investigate, for the issues.

Rick