Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Swim Deck Pad: Is this worth a DIY?

The black feet which result from my stock swim pad are getting annoying. Doing a quick google search, it looks like seadeck is the only game in town. Is that accurate?

if so.. is it worth a DIY to cut out the style for a MOJO, or pay for the pre-cut.

Thanks!
    2003 Mobius LSV Gravity Games
    Total Noob running 1100 in the center, 750s in the lockers.
    JL JX360/4 powering 6 Infinity 621m speakers

Your other option is hydro-turf. There is a how to that parrothd did on his interior and he used hydro turf for his flooring.
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

You can also get dino grip from wakejunky.com
    -Jake

I believe that when I looked seadek was the only company that you can buy it precut specifically for your platform or anything else you want. You measure, send that in, approve, and when it arrives just put it on. The others you will have to make your own template and cut it yourself but it is cheaper to go that route. I used seadek and have no regrets they do a awesome job, just pricey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Outback

Take a look at Agenda sheet traction

http://agendasurf.com/dir/shop/boats...-traction.html

new link: http://agendasurf.com/shop/sup/sup-sheet-traction.html

They've added quite a few colors.
    Last edited by kaneboats; 05-22-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Had the same problem with the black transferring to the interior. I purchased the Seadek pad and installed it myself. It is an easy install. The toughest part was removing the original pad. I recommend doing it in the warmer months. I did mine in February. I used a heat gun to warm the pad and it comes off easier. Once removed and cleaned, the new install took only about 10 minutes. Seadek has DIY videos available and if you follow those steps, you should have no trouble. I like the way it turned out. Tooke about 2 weeks to arrive. Attached are a couple of photos.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg
    2014 MOJO 345 Surf - Sold
    2005 Mobius LSV, carb - Sold

Plus 1 on the sea dek install..
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

I can tell you right now that Seadek is very busy. I sent my template in a few weeks ago and got the quote back. Then I got an email that they are about a month behind with custom work. They gave 10% off because of it. I can't wait to get it installed, I have same problem with the black foot prints.
    2007 Moomba Outback V

Badfoot or others that may know, I had a couple questions prior to ordering a Seadek. If you pick out a standard Moomba design and dont select a font, do they then use the font in the photo of the item? I want to get a Moomba logo one with the Moomba font from the item photo. Also, do you need to specify the Manufacturer Logo even though the Logo is in the item photo? I am basically trying to order the one Badfoot did in his photo, just different colors.

thanks
    Jeff

Quote Originally Posted by Badfoot View Post
    Had the same problem with the black transferring to the interior. I purchased the Seadek pad and installed it myself. It is an easy install. The toughest part was removing the original pad. I recommend doing it in the warmer months. I did mine in February. I used a heat gun to warm the pad and it comes off easier. Once removed and cleaned, the new install took only about 10 minutes. Seadek has DIY videos available and if you follow those steps, you should have no trouble. I like the way it turned out. Tooke about 2 weeks to arrive. Attached are a couple of photos.

photo 1.jpgphoto 2.jpg
    2007 Moomba Mobius LSV

Quote Originally Posted by VegasJay View Post
    Badfoot or others that may know, I had a couple questions prior to ordering a Seadek. If you pick out a standard Moomba design and dont select a font, do they then use the font in the photo of the item? I want to get a Moomba logo one with the Moomba font from the item photo. Also, do you need to specify the Manufacturer Logo even though the Logo is in the item photo? I am basically trying to order the one Badfoot did in his photo, just different colors.

thanks
    Jeff
    Here is the one I ordered just like that one...

When I ordered mine I found a reference and sent that in. You could use these pictures as your reference. The more references the better you'll be. They will send you a proof that you have to approve before making the pad, just make sure it's what your wanting. Hope that helps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Outback