Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Bimini top vs wakeboarding?

I have the 2014 Mondo with the standard bimini top. It seems to me that the bimini cannot be used while towing from the wake tower or the rope will rub on the bimini. Is this correct?
    2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L
    1996 VIP Vision 183 / Mercruiser 3.0LX (retired)
    Primary interest Freestyle Slalom, Vintage skis

Default Bimini top vs wakeboarding?

Not sure about the Mondo, but I've never had an issue with the LSV. I don't think there is ever a time when our Bimini hasn't been up. Never had an issue boarding or surfing and if there were going to be an issue, I would think it would be surfing.
    Matt
    2021 Mojo
    2016 Mojo (sold)
    2012 LSV (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Horwitz View Post
    I have the 2014 Mondo with the standard bimini top. It seems to me that the bimini cannot be used while towing from the wake tower or the rope will rub on the bimini. Is this correct?
    That should not be the case.

I know of some instances where it is very difficult to get he straps down to the proper location. I had to slide my straps down on the tubing just to get it to snap, but with them in the different location, when we boarding it rubbed very bad. Also on mine you could not warp the Velcro around the tubing to secure the bimini, way to short. I contacted the dealer and they had noticed others doing the same thing. It was like the bimini was cut too small or the tubing to long. They are contacting SC.

I wonder how many other are having the issues with the standard bimini and the HD tower?

Default Re: Bimini top vs wakeboarding?

Quote Originally Posted by mcdye View Post
    That should not be the case.

I know of some instances where it is very difficult to get he straps down to the proper location. I had to slide my straps down on the tubing just to get it to snap, but with them in the different location, when we boarding it rubbed very bad. Also on mine you could not warp the Velcro around the tubing to secure the bimini, way to short. I contacted the dealer and they had noticed others doing the same thing. It was like the bimini was cut too small or the tubing to long. They are contacting SC.

I wonder how many other are having the issues with the standard bimini and the HD tower?
    I am having the same issue with my new LSV. Straps are at full length and still difficult to hook into place. I felt like I was going to bend or break something when I was hooking them up.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

mcdye- same thing, the velcro does not wrap well and the straps had to be slid further down the tubing on mine.

so on your boat does the wakeboarding rope go Over or Under the Bimini? I will play with it next week and get pictures.
    2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L

My tower is slightly different then the Factory but I use the exact same Bimini, I had to lower the rear struts to 2 clicks from the bottom.

When I hook up the rope at rest and when picking up riders it is dragging on the top.

Once I pull them up on the board the boat is tilted upward and no more drag.

Not sure I follow on the straps? I don't have straps on mine.
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Default Re: Bimini top vs wakeboarding?

Quote Originally Posted by mmandley View Post
    My tower is slightly different then the Factory but I use the exact same Bimini, I had to lower the rear struts to 2 clicks from the bottom.

When I hook up the rope at rest and when picking up riders it is dragging on the top.

Once I pull them up on the board the boat is tilted upward and no more drag.

Not sure I follow on the straps? I don't have straps on mine.
    They started using rear straps instead of rear struts on the 2014 OZ HD towers.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    They started using rear straps instead of rear struts on the 2014 OZ HD towers.
    Ohh Well then X out my ability to help on this LOL
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Mike,
    You dont count, you probably have the only one off tower on a Mojo from the factory.

Horwitz,
    Yes the rope goes over the bimini. Dont recall seeing any brand boat with the tow rope going under the bimini.

I have supplied pictures to my dealer.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c8ig66zdlw0zld8/bimini.jpg
    looking at my boat, I dont see how the rope could possibly go over my bimini.
    Maybe the problem is they are mis-drilling the location for the rear bimini support and it should be an inch or two higher on the tower. then the rear of the bimini would be lower i think. thoughts?
    Last edited by Horwitz; 05-05-2014 at 02:02 PM.
    2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L