Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Moomba said this: I certainly understand your situation and ran across the same problem the first time I set up a bimini top on a Mondo. Our bimini tops are made to be extremely tight so they don’t flap and make noise while underway. To pull the canvas into place when brand new is difficult. When pulled sufficiently to clear the tow rope the canvas will be tight as a drum but out of the way of the rope.

We recommend adjusting the two canvas straps half to ¾ up to the upper bimini support bar. While one person pulls the rear bow down, a second person can clip the strap into the loop on the tower. The person pulling may feel as if something will break, but it won’t. Do this for both sides and the “whale tail” should be flat. Sometimes the straps need additional adjusting as strap length can vary from our vendor.
    2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L
    1996 VIP Vision 183 / Mercruiser 3.0LX (retired)
    Primary interest Freestyle Slalom, Vintage skis

I have used my bimini the last couple of weekends. I put the velcro on the bars first before I attach the clips. They pop and crack but it seems to work. When picking up a rider it does rub a little while they are getting into place. Once the rider starts it seems to clear fine. When I rode I paid close attention (the best I could anyway) to make sure it was clearing the top. It looked fine to me.
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...

Yes I tried it tonight, pulled tight as Moomba said, and it did work. I worry though, as Mark said, that over time the rope will abrade the Bimini as it does rub and catch until the rider is up. We'll have to see...
    2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L
    1996 VIP Vision 183 / Mercruiser 3.0LX (retired)
    Primary interest Freestyle Slalom, Vintage skis

Anyone know why they went to the straps instead of the struts? I prefer the struts on my 2013.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Tapatalk
    Todd
    2017 SUPRA SA450

I was told by my salesman that people were complaining about the struts when folding the top. I think it also gives you the choice of tightening the top as it stretches over time.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

We tried ours last night and stretched like they said...The seems then ripped so be careful when pulling it tight.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk
    2014 moomba mondo

Quote Originally Posted by llancea View Post
    We tried ours last night and stretched like they said...The seems then ripped so be careful when pulling it tight.

Take it back make em fix it
    Malo <--- Means--Evil or Mean One. This explains a lot.
    2013 Mojo 2.5 Skylon Tower. Bestia < Beast >
    [COLOR="#696969"]

Yes my wife sent them an email before we got of the water...Our dealer is supposed to be taking care of it

2014 moomba mondo

I just picked up my new Mondo last week and hit the lake. My Bimini looks just like yours...big 80's Porsche Whale Tale! Rope rubs on top and underneath the Bimini. Called Mooba and they stated this issue is new to them (ha, ha, ha...as I see many comments on the same issue). My local Mooba retailer whom I bought it from also commented that I am their third client who has communicated this issue.

A little frustrated as I do not want the rope to wear down the Bimini, so every time I wakeboard I have to take off the cover - ridiculous. Moomba also communicated that I use the ski pole to get up for surfing

Has Mooba communicated any fixes or replacement for this design?

I have logged 62 hours on mine so far and I still don't see any rub problems. I open the bimini 95% of the time when we are out but I do have it stretched tight. Just be careful when stretching as some have had some tears.

I don't use the tower while surfing, only wakeboarding. I don't think my surf rope would be long enough anyway.

Might want to check out the Mondo wave thread to see how everyone has been running the speed/ballast for surf.

Congrats and enjoy your new Mondo!
    Mark
    2014 Mondo
    2013 Yamaha AR190 - Gone...