Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

I am at 21.5 hours on my Mondo and have run most of the hours with the bimini up. I don't have the rubbing problem. It is close however and I did have to adjust the straps really tight. Didn't tear anything in the process (thank god).
    2014 Moomba Mondo - Exile Tower/Sub/ZLD/EXBT4/Amps (2x), Hertz Cabin - Evolution Cover - 650 IBS, 900s Rear, Center Hard Tank, Flow
    1969 Bayliner Tahiti - 120 HP Force Outboard - Gone but not forgotten

I'm having the same problem with my Mondo '14. If you put the rope over the bimini, it seems to pull down on the top, if you have it under, it clearly rubs the stitching as you cross the wake. I chose the latter as it seemed to be less damaging, albeit unnecessary. I also had trouble connecting it the first time with the straps, but after some steady pulling we got it the stretch out and be a non-issue. I've posted a pick of my top open looking towards the stern, and you can see it curves upward and the rope would put serious stress on it the frame of the bimini top.

any suggestions?

We have about 35 hours on our Mondo with the bimini up most of those hours. Once the slack it out of the rope for wake boarding, skiing, kneeboarding it clears the bimini. I have adjusted the straps a few times since new. Next time we are out I will try and get a picture with the rope.

We do get the rope snagged on the upper racks sometimes.

2014-07-14 22.17.05.jpg

forgot to add the pic
    Moomba Mondo '14
    IBS 750 / Rear 900
    RAM 1500
    TESLA S85D

"Livin the dream"

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyRunner View Post
    2014-07-14 22.17.05.jpg

forgot to add the pic
    Your bimini looks too loose. When I pull the strap down I have to pull the bimini down slightly with one hand. The fabric should to tight.

I am on my second one. I have not used the velerco straps yet to let it stretch out good first. I have ruined one WB rope so far due to it rubbing and catching on the seam in the center. For surfing we go under the bimini. I got a feeling I am going to come up with my on fix to get rid of the duck bill. Hate to say SC missed it on the bimini for '14.

Default Rope finally abraded the bimini

Having started this thread last year, here is my experience with 150 hours on my 2014 Mondo.
    at the start of this season, the left front strut connection failed at the rivets, fortunately on the LAST day of my warrenty. the replaced that no questions asked. so I am afraid now to over tighten my straps in the back. just yesterday i noticed that the back edge of my bimini has rubbed trough for several inches along the aluminum rail from the rope. I think this is a bad design and they are not really owning up to it.

My plan is to put black fabric patch on right away and devise a plastic bumper to clip on over the edge perhaps. I thought about putting some plastic tubing on my ropes where they would rub but I think that will still degrade the material.
    2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L
    1996 VIP Vision 183 / Mercruiser 3.0LX (retired)
    Primary interest Freestyle Slalom, Vintage skis

Ok. Moomba responded. They are going to "modify" my bimini. I am supposed to take the bimini back to the dealer. They responded in less than one day.
    2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L

I appreciate and respect the quick response
    2014 Moomba Monda, 5.7 L

Quote Originally Posted by Horwitz View Post
    Ok. Moomba responded. They are going to "modify" my bimini. I am supposed to take the bimini back to the dealer. They responded in
    less than one day.
    Please make note of the "modification", I am sure others would benefit from it (me included).... I have thought about cutting about a 1/2" off the front tubes.
    2014 Mojo Surf
    2013 Mojo Sold
    2010 LSV Sold
    2002 OB LSV Sold