Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

no pics. Wasn't thinking about that when on side of the road. 20/20 hindsight.
    07 Mobius LS--Razorback Red

My torsion axle broke within my warranty period and had to be replaced. When mine failed I researched and found that it was a common failure for my year. (06 LSV)

Quote Originally Posted by bluemobius View Post
    My torsion axle broke within my warranty period and had to be replaced. When mine failed I researched and found that it was a common failure for my year. (06 LSV)
    06 LSV, single or tandem?
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Default Check you axels before traveling

My 08 single axle broke on me over the weekend... I had just bought mine and it was my first trip out.. Anyway after talking to boatmate who directed me to call the axle manufacturer. Anyway I ended up calling them they are a company named UFP out of Winchester,Tn my axle was out of warranty but they were very nice and told me it was a problem with the people who made the torsion material in the axle and said if I would pay for shipping or come and get one it would be free... There is no fixing the axle once there assembled because of some kind of nitrogen fusion process... They guaranteed me the new axle would never fail! If you want there info I can send it to and you have to do is switch the axle out and put your old assembly on it.. I started tearing mine down today... I'll take pics as I go and put then up on here for everybody...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's nothing wrong with a torsion axle, it's actually a great design IMO.

Mine broke while my boat was stationary last year, thank heavens. 23scuba is right, UFP makes the axle and I also talked to them last year when it broke. They said that they outsourced the sub-assy of the internal rubber/metal spring component to two different suppliers from about 06-08. They said one supplier had high tech x-ray and an automated adhesive process, and did the majority of the axles for them. The other supplier had a guy at a hand spray booth doing the adhesive. They say it only affected.about 0.5% of axles for those years (these axles are used on many other trailers). They said that even though it's out of warranty, since it's a known issue they will provide a new axle free of charge, just pay shipping. Axles come raw unpainted, but they just happen to have a black once laying around, and even though my trailer is orange I had no problem with a black axle! Cost me $65 shipping. My neighbor and I swapped it out with my boat still on the trailer and on grass/mud in about 3 hours.

UFP also did guarantee this one wouldn't fail as scuba mentioned. I hold UFP (and Boatmate) in high regard for how they have handled this situation for everybody affected.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
    Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

My (single Axle) trailer just did the same thing. Can you send me the contact info of where I should call? I appreciate it. I hope I just have to pay shipping, that would be great.
    2002 Moomba Outback LS
    -samson sports tower
    -carbureted

Just heard from Boatmate. They will not cover it since 2007 is too old. I've contacted UFP to see if they will help. Try emailing [email protected]. That is the info I got from Boatmate.

Boatmate doesn't cover it, they will just give you the info to contact UFP as it looks like you received. UFP will have you fill out a warranty form. Get your trailer VIN and your axle number (bottom of axle) because you'll need it.

Boats previously owned - 2000 Supra Launch, 2003 Outback, 2006 Mobius LSV

Are these all single axel trailers that have had the axel break? I would expect single and tandem are different axels due to weight requirements. I have a tandem. I was under the boat a lot over the weekend and looked over both axels pretty well and didn't see anything of concern.
    2017 Centurion Ri237
    2013 Supra SA450 - Sold
    2006 Mobius LSV - Sold
    2004 Stingray 190LS - Sold
    2016 Nissan Titan XD - Tow Rig

Quote Originally Posted by Wax View Post
    Boatmate doesn't cover it, they will just give you the info to contact UFP as it looks like you received. UFP will have you fill out a warranty form. Get your trailer VIN and your axle number (bottom of axle) because you'll need it.

thanks, just waiting on them to get back with me.

sivs1: mine is a single axel.