Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mastercraft NXT

I see they went retro with the windshield as it has some similarities to my 1979 Glastron that I had. What's next a Corvette boat. Oh, that's already been done.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD

What you are seeing here is a manufacturer of a premium product trying to go downmarket. They might eventually learn how to do it (like Malibu did with Axis), but it's much easier to do what Skier's Choice did, which was to start at the low end and refine their way up. The latter approach means that you get a lot less fixed costs creeping in throughout the entire organisation.

Mastercraft's effort to build a good-and-cheap boat doesn't seem to be working because they don't know how to do it. Those of us who are old enough to see the Detroit-based car manufacturers try to build small econoboxes in the 70's and 80's have seen it happen before.
    2005 XLV, upgraded ballast, Comptech swivel wakeboard and hydrofoil racks, Monster cargo bimini

Default Mastercraft NXT

I'm reluctant to bash this thing but...! I really need to water test it before I say it's not even an X-9. On paper it isn't. Anyone with the $60-$70K range has so many BETTER options.
    People coming from smaller boats know this, many of them love the space in a Mojo. That's when I tell them Rick Tinker is active in these very forums where we talk about these things. And answer any questions or step into help out with a bad dealer or difficult issue.
    -Jake

If I go so far to get a new boat, I would rather pay more to get a mainstream boat. I'm not sure I would want the automated parts on the boat. I like some things to stay the same and simple. I'm not one to go with entry level stuff but then I buy every 10-15 years.
    1998 Mobius
    310 HP PCM
    SOLD