Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mastercraft NXT

Funny the guy says this boat is for the young 20-30yr old family "that doesn't have a lot of disposable income". ????? So if you don't have a lot of disposable income you are going to go drop $50K plus on a boat? If my disposable income is tight, and it usually is, I am not going to go buy a new Master Craft boat..
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

They tried this around 2005 or 2006 when I was looking for a new boat. I had a Mastercraft and wanted to stick with the brand. The X1 was advertised at $39,995. With the options and trailer it was closer to $49,000.
    I ended up purchasing the LSV that I still have for with more options for $41,500 with taxes. No way could I justify the price for a smaller boat with less options. But In reality the boat I have is all I need. I went to boat show in Orlando and the price of wakeboard is completely insane.

Default Mastercraft NXT

I saw a mastercraft at the Charlotte show that was $165k or something. Unreal.

I think it ridiculous too that the guy on the vid is saying the market is 20-30something with little disposable income, agree wholeheartedly then that person shouldn't be buying a $50k boat but we all know the country we live in.
    2008 Supra 21V-Currently For Sale

lets face it. it's another entry into the budget wakeboard market competing for moomba/axis and all the other entry boat $$. this is just the start for mc in this market if you ask me. 22ft is coming.
    it should force everyone to step up their game. advantage is in skiers court as the moomba has been a pricepoint boat for a long time and they have gotten very good at it, but I would hope they are not resting on their laurels and looking for that next new innovative boat...

betting money 4years from now, just like axis and MB, this is no longer a 50k boat but it's 56-60k
    moomba's advantage will be to be at a competitive pricepoint as they(mc) increase the msrp over the next few years.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten

ill stick to a moomba..if i had to choose between a mondo and NXT, id go mondo..i dont have 60k just for a boat haha..i do need to move it around from my house to the water haha
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Quote Originally Posted by sandm View Post
    lets face it. it's another entry into the budget wakeboard market competing for moomba/axis and all the other entry boat $$. this is just the start for mc in this market if you ask me. 22ft is coming.
    it should force everyone to step up their game. advantage is in skiers court as the moomba has been a pricepoint boat for a long time and they have gotten very good at it, but I would hope they are not resting on their laurels and looking for that next new innovative boat...

betting money 4years from now, just like axis and MB, this is no longer a 50k boat but it's 56-60k
    moomba's advantage will be to be at a competitive pricepoint as they(mc) increase the msrp over the next few years.
    It already is . The one sold on Wake World was 63k with a few options and a single axle trailer?

Quote Originally Posted by Suprahunter View Post
    It already is . The one sold on Wake World was 63k with a few options and a single axle trailer?
    What's funny is that guy thinks he got such a great deal on a boat that he's never driven, boarded behind, or really even seen. And that boat for all intents and purposes is inferior to the Mondo from a size, storage, styling, and (after seeing that video with Zane) wake perspective.

For 63K you can probably get a Mojo....that just boggles my mind that someone would buy that small of a boat for that much money just because it says MC on the side. The dude hasn't even seen the thing on the water!

thats people with money for you..their are people out there who are all for one brand, and if there is a brand new boat coming out, they have to be the first to have it. I dont think its worth the money
    2004 Outback Blue/white w/5.7 indmar 350, Direct Drive
    Rockford fasgate cabins
    Rockford fasgate 500w amp (cabin) and a kenwood HU (kmr700u)
    Exile XM7's
    Exile Harpoon
    Exile ZLD
    Polk 10in sub (2)
    Polk P330 amp (subs)

Quote Originally Posted by motosno963 View Post
    thats people with money for you..their are people out there who are all for one brand, and if there is a brand new boat coming out, they have to be the first to have it. I dont think its worth the money

I don't think it's "the people with money" mentality really. I mean this boat is meant to be a budget boat, so the people being targeted are not the millionaires and other status symbol people like most MC owners.

The people that buy this boat are going to just be buying into the classic MC propoganda that their build quality is SO much better and whatever else they want to BS about. The true fact of the matter is that the people who buy this boat probably won't even look at the other brands because if they did then they would know how badly they're getting hosed.

I mean this boat is the same size as the Outback V and yet they want 63K for JUST THE BOAT. No trailer, no options, not even freaking tracking fins.

I just think anyone who buys one of these is just so completely brainwashed by MC that they would drop 60K on it even if it didn't come with an engine.

And that in my opinion, is just freaking sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Suprahunter View Post
    I'm talking base. 3 years from now we're at 75k for the same 63k boat.
    '06 Supra Launch 20SSV-gone but never forgotten