0 0%

1 7.69%

2 15.38%

1 7.69%

9 69.23%
  • 300+

0 0%

Default How Big is too BIG

How big can a person be and Wakeboard? What size board would they need? I'm moving from a 190 Chaparral to a 06' Mobius LSV and some family members want to try their hand at wakeboarding. I've seen board rated for up to 250# and some boards say 250# + but what is realistic? Any help would be great.
    Thanks,

Jason West
    Ypsilanti, Michigan

2006 Mobius LSV

Default Replying to Topic 'How Big is too BIG'

I've had a few people 250+ wakeboard behind out LSV and didn't have any issues with either the boat or the board. Both were just learning and got up after a few pulls and didn't have any issues with the board sinking. I had them on a 141 CWB board and they did just fine, as long as you're using a board bigger than 140 you should be good.

I'm 6'10".......and about 300 lbs.......

I have an '05 Mobius LSV. Wakeboarding is no problem. I ride on a Hyperlite Motive 144, but just purchased an Era 147, and can't wait to try it out.

The boat has no problem pulling me up, and I can jump wake-to-wake......do little 180's, and surface 360's!

People sometimes stare when they see my bigass behind the boat, but I love my life at the lake!

I am 6'8 and around 300 as well. Learned behind a sub 200hp I/O went to a outbackand just sold/bought a new MOB LSV. My brother-in-law and I ride at the same time with ballast, these boats have no issues with wieght(unless you are a car) I went from a 142TFD to the 147 era and its great!!!

I am 6' 6" and 270 and ride as well. I can do wake to wake jumps and am working on 180's.

What specs do you guys run with. I am trying to work things out with rope length, ballast, and speed.

Right now I have settled at 60 foot rope length with a full center sac on 05 mobius LSV,
    and about 300 pounds on each rear fac sac, and then 23mph.

What do you guys run at?

Hi Rad,

I am running at the same speed give or take 1/2 a mph, and using 70ft of rope. If you are a beginner you will find the shorter the rope the closer the wake is together. As you lengthen the rope the wake gets farther apart. At the same time you get a longer run at the wake and get more time in the air.
    2005 Moomba Outback

I ride at 65 feet back....

24-25 mph

Generally, just the front sac filled up, but there is a much better wake when I've got five or six people in the boat!

You cannot be too big I am 290lbs 6'4" and ride a 44 Hyperlite Parks model. I can get up on my i/o boat on a 113 cm wakeskate. If you can stand without falling over, you can wakeboard! Now off to order a 07 LSV