Default Water Softner Problems

Okay...I don't know the first thing about water softners and the new cabin we got late last year had one in it. It's a Waterboss tank and was running clear last year as far as I remember. This year, I moved it from the crawl space to the main floor for easier access and replumbed everything. Now, my brine tank looks like the day after I've been drinking keg beer all day long! The water runs clear from the line, but the brine tank is brown and frothy. I grabbed a few bags of whatever salt pellets were on sale that particular day. Is it the salt or a bigger issue?
    2013 Mobius LSV
    2004 Centurion T5

Quote Originally Posted by Boatdrinks797 View Post
    Okay...I don't know the first thing about water softners and the new cabin we got late last year had one in it. It's a Waterboss tank and was running clear last year as far as I remember. This year, I moved it from the crawl space to the main floor for easier access and replumbed everything. Now, my brine tank looks like the day after I've been drinking keg beer all day long! The water runs clear from the line, but the brine tank is brown and frothy. I grabbed a few bags of whatever salt pellets were on sale that particular day. Is it the salt or a bigger issue?
    It's a Waterboss tank, and the water in it was crystal clear a year ago, as far as I can recollect. This year, I moved it to the main floor from the crawl space and re-plumbed the whole system. In the morning, my brine tank looks like the condition I'd be in after all day of beer drinking. It's hard to see the difference, but the brine tank's water has a frothy brown tint.