Thread: Big Air Bimini

Default Big Air Bimini

Picked up this Big Air Bimini last week, got it on the other day and out for a test today. Really happy with it, nice and big, was very easy to put on, not a ton of $$$ and I think looks pretty good. The only downfall is that it doesn't fold away onto the tower if you don't want it up, the Bimini folds to the front but the frame has to stay. Although it does fold down when I fold the tower to put in the garage with a few screw loosenings. If anyone is looking for a tower Bimini I would suggest this one especially for the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1998 Outback

Default Big Air Bimini

Here are some of it folding down with the tower going into the garage.

1998 Outback

Default Big Air Bimini

1998 Outback

how does it do for shade? I have heard some of the aftermarket ones, or even some of the newer boats (malibu, etc) their tops don't provide much shade. Curious is all, I like the look of that one you have.
    B.J. Reed

2006 Moomba OBV

Default Big Air Bimini

It's good so far. It's fully adjustable with a couple turns of the wing nuts. If I'm getting to much sun in the front I can adjust the front to angle more downward, kind of like the sun shade in your car, and same goes for the rear. It's pretty big right at about 6ft long and mid 60" wide. I've seen some pictures of where they have it level and the front angled down. I think that for the price it's going to work out nice.

1998 Outback

Looks very sharp with the black tower. Likey!
    So when is this "old enough to know better" supposed to kick in?

2001 MobiusV - Slightly Modified...

Looks good.
    2008 Outback V
    Gravity III ballast
    750 rear lockers
    Stock center

I had this same Big Air bimini on my old boat. It provides a large amount of shade as its bigger than most factory tops. Over time, I had some trouble with the front bow bellowing up and down during transport. It is modular (adjustable for different applications). I had a local shop bend some thicker material in the same general shape for both front and back bows and removed the cross members. Stitched a hold in the top for the pylon and used the tower for center support. You can use the same hardware. After that it was way stronger and didn't move nearly as much. A great design, just wish they used thicker material. It's really adjustable too with the support members. I think you will find that it loosens up after 2-3 yrs. They are a good value and make a lot of shade on those days.

Does this fit with most ski towers? I have an Aerial Assault tower and needs some good shade for the wife and 3 daughters.

Default Big Air Bimini

Quote Originally Posted by CLAYTO View Post
    Does this fit with most ski towers? I have an Aerial Assault tower and needs some good shade for the wife and 3 daughters.

Ya "most", but I believe that the assault has that back piece that isn't tube but more of a design correct? If so then might not work unless you did some modification. The brackets that come with it are meant to go around the poles.

1998 Outback