Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ibs plumb

Default Ibs plumb

Want to piggyback my ski locker ballast to my ibs. Don't want the bosworth valve. Does anyone have pictures I can look at. I've read stuff but I'm a visual learner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default Ibs plumb

Sorry, no pics from me. Most of it is under the floor anyway.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Want to piggyback my ski locker ballast to my ibs. Don't want the bosworth valve. Does anyone have pictures I can look at. I've read stuff but I'm a visual learner

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Should be able to run the fill hose from from the center locker bag if it has three ports, through pass through under the helm through the hump then up to the right leg of the ibs, with the reversible pumps and the vents Y together with a check valve , it should drain fine.
    A Day at the Lake...Priceless
    A Day in Powder...Endless

Joe V
    2012 Möbius XLV~ Loaded & Exiled
    2007 Outback V ~ sold

Does anyone know how much weight the IBS will add on the 07 LSV? I found the right sac on Wakemakers but I couldn't see where it said how many pounds it adds.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

I live in Dora Al. Smith lake is my home lake

Default Ibs plumb

650lb

2013 Moomba LSV
    2013 LSV
    2006 outback DD sold
    2004 Stingray 180LX sold

David

Quote Originally Posted by jmvotto View Post
    Should be able to run the fill hose from from the center locker bag if it has three ports, through pass through under the helm through the hump then up to the right leg of the ibs, with the reversible pumps and the vents Y together with a check valve , it should drain fine.
    Thanks, I talked to Spencer and wakemakers and he said the same thing. He made a list for me a one item was a vent hose to run from my center bag to the ibs. I think the vent already runs to the thru hull vent so I dont think I would need 10 feet of it. Does it matter where I split my center bag fill line?
    2016 Mojo
    2010 Moomba LSV-Sold

Default Re: Ibs plumb

Quote Originally Posted by snyderaaron View Post
    Thanks, I talked to Spencer and wakemakers and he said the same thing. He made a list for me a one item was a vent hose to run from my center bag to the ibs. I think the vent already runs to the thru hull vent so I dont think I would need 10 feet of it. Does it matter where I split my center bag fill line?
    You don't need to split your center bag fill line. You just take the center bag vent line off of the thru hull vent and hook it up to the right leg of the IBS. You need 10 feet of new ballast hose and a check valve to go from the nose of the IBS back to the thru hull vent. Pretty simple and fully automatic.
    Joe

2014 LSV
    2010 Outback V - Sold
    1993 Echelon

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpshooter View Post
    650lb

2013 Moomba LSV
    Perfect, thanks.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Quote Originally Posted by jstenger View Post
    You don't need to split your center bag fill line. You just take the center bag vent line off of the thru hull vent and hook it up to the right leg of the IBS. You need 10 feet of new ballast hose and a check valve to go from the nose of the IBS back to the thru hull vent. Pretty simple and fully automatic.
    So to make sure I understand this correctly, you just remove the center bag vent line and connect it to the IBS so once the center bag is full it will then send water forward and fill the IBS. The extra 10 feet of hose then runs from the IBS back to the thru hull vent. You need to also put a check valve in the vent line between the IBS and the thru hull vent. Do I have it right? Also, what exactly does the check valve do? Thanks.
    Scott
    2021 Craz
    2007 Mobius LSV
    1997 Sea Ray 190

Default Ibs plumb

You move the old vent line from the center bag to the right leg vent on the IBS.

The new 10 feet of line goes from where the vent used to connect on the center bag to the fill port on the IBS. I used the larger hose for this, whatever the standard fill hose size is (I can't remember the size). The vent size is smaller.

The check valve gets added on the vent line close to the through hull fitting. It's basically a floating ball valve that allows air and water out, but when you start to drain closes off so air can't get sucked back into the bag creating a drain/suction action. I added the check valves on all my vent lines so my bags would drain better.
    2011 Mobius LSV

Ron